23.4345, FYI: MaMSIE Blog Call for Contributions

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 17 14:26:42 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4345. Wed Oct 17 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4345, FYI: MaMSIE Blog Call for Contributions

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:26:34
From: Yvonne Chi [ychi01 at mail.bbk.ac.uk]
Subject: MaMSIE Blog Call for Contributions

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4345.html&submissionid=4555933&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

MaMSIE (Mapping Maternal Subjectivities, Identities and Ethics) is an online interdisciplinary research network based in the Department of Psychosocial Studies at Birkbeck, University of London. MaMSIE endeavours to create a space for critical debates about the maternal, and explore the unique site it occupies at the potent intersection between scientific possibilities, psychosocial practices and cultural representations. In order to further this aim, MaMSIE will be launching a postgraduate student led blog, open to all to contribute, in December of this year.

We are looking for contributions of between 500 and 1000 words on issues concerned with the maternal from those working across different knowledge and practice communities including feminism, psychoanalysis, gender and sexuality studies, the social sciences, philosophy, visual and performance art, linguistics and literature. We welcome a range of writing styles and formats, and are looking for blog entries that will stimulate lively scholarly debate. We encourage submissions from graduate students and hope to create a space where people can try out emerging ideas and respond to current issues surrounding the maternal, whether in current affairs, policy, the arts or academia.

The deadline for submissions for the launch of the blog is Monday 19th November. Submissions should be sent to Charlotte Knowles: cknowl03 at mail.bbk.ac.uk and should include a short biography and contact information. If the piece is selected for entry on the blog, it will undergo some light copy editing and we will also request a photograph of the author to accompany the piece.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/