23.4515, Calls: Cognitive Science, Linguistic Theories, History of Linguistics/Canada

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 30 14:35:28 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-4515. Tue Oct 30 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.4515, Calls: Cognitive Science, Linguistic Theories, History of Linguistics/Canada

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:34:18
From: John Newman [john.newman at ualberta.ca]
Subject: 12th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-4515.html&submissionid=4556851&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 12th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference
Short Title: ICLC-12

Date: 23-Jun-2013 - 28-Jun-2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Person: Sally Rice
Meeting Email: iclc2013 at ualberta.ca
Web Site: http://www.foa.ualberta.ca/iclc2013

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; History of Linguistics; Linguistic Theories

Call Deadline: 05-Nov-2012

Meeting Description:

The overall theme of ICLC-12 is 'Cognitive Linguistics at 25', with three sub-themes:

Looking Back: We take stock of the past 25 years in cognitive linguistics. The year 2013 marks nearly 25 years since the 1989 Duisburg conference that solidified the cognitive linguistics approach, reified it in name, and established the journal, Cognitive Linguistics.

Looking Forward: We consider the next generation of cognitive linguistics research.

Looking Outward: We look to understudied populations and applications, particularly in regard to endangered languages and signed languages.

Plenary Speakers:

Joan Bybee, University of New Mexico
Nick Evans, Australian National University
Ron Langacker, University of California, San Diego
Elena Lieven, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig
Hongyin Tao, University of California, Los Angeles
Ulrike Zeshan, University of Central Lancashire

Final Call for Papers:

The deadline for general and theme session papers/posters to ICLC-12 has been extended by 5 days. The new deadline is Monday, 5 November 2012, at midnight Central Standard Time in North America. The conference will be held at the University of Alberta, 23-28 June 2013, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Please see the conference website for more information about the conference, venue, and abstract submission at:

http://www.foa.ualberta.ca/iclc2013
Mirror site for China: https://iclc.artsrn.ualberta.ca/

All submitted abstracts must be anonymous. However, please make sure your paper title and 5 key words are included in the abstract file that you upload to Easy Abstracts (EasyAbs). Abstracts must be submitted electronically through Easy Abstracts (EasyAbs). Access Easy Abstracts at:

http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/iclc2013

Because most theme session talks will now run in parallel with the general session, abstracts for all talks must be 20 minutes in length, including discussion. Abstract length must not exceed 500 words (excluding title, data, and references). If you are submitting an abstract for a theme session, please include the name of the theme session as a subtitle of the abstract. We have also extended the date by which we will notify authors of accepted abstracts: Monday, 7 January 2013.

Conference Organizers:

Sally Rice and John Newman, Department of Linguistics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G 2E7 Canada
Email: iclc2013 at ualberta.ca
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/12th-International-Cognitive-Linguistics-Conference-ICLC-12/364659916945426?fref=ts
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/iclc12