23.3739, Jobs: Comp Ling: Developer/Programmer, WordReference.com

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 6 19:22:51 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3739. Thu Sep 06 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3739, Jobs: Comp Ling: Developer/Programmer, WordReference.com

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:22:32
From: Michael Kellogg [jobs at wordreference.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Developer/Programmer, WordReference.com, Virginia, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3739.html&submissionid=4552990&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: WordReference.com
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://forum.wordreference.com
Job Rank: Developer/Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Come work for WordReference.com, the top website for online translation
dictionaries. Help us continue to revolutionize the way foreign-language
dictionaries are used.

While this position is not computational linguistics, it is something that
somebody with a strong interest in languages and ability to program will enjoy.
We need a lead developer/programmer to code the website, working in C#,
MySQL, HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Your main objective will be to provide the
best dictionary experience possible to our tens of millions of visitors.

You would work on nearly all technical aspects of running a large website, and
work with the founder in launching new features. While you would need to work
closely with the small team, you can work from home much of the time.

Requirements:
-  Ability to code and work mainly with C#, JavaScript and MySQL.
-  Web development experience is a strong plus.
-  An interest in or knowledge of foreign languages is a plus.
-  Live in or be able to relocate to the Washington, DC area.

About WordReference:
While not very well known in the US, WordReference.com is a top website in
Spain, France, Italy and much of Latin America where users make extensive
use of our foreign-language dictionaries and forums. It is consistently ranked
among the top 500 websites worldwide.

Application Deadline: 13-Sep-2012

Email Address for Applications: jobs at wordreference.com
Contact Information: