23.3741, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Japan

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 7 14:11:02 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3741. Fri Sep 07 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3741, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Japan

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:10:16
From: Melissa Choi [mchoi at iafor.org]
Subject: 3rd Annual Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3741.html&submissionid=4552942&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 3rd Annual Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom
Short Title: ACTC 2013

Date: 25-Apr-2013 - 28-Apr-2013
Location: Osaka, Japan
Contact Person: Melissa Choi
Meeting Email: actc at iafor.org
Web Site: http://actc.iafor.org/

Call Deadline: 01-Jan-2013

Meeting Description:

The International Academic Forum, in conjunction with its global partners, is proud to announce the 2nd Annual Asian Conference on Technology in the Classroom, to be held from April 25-28, 2013, at the Ramada Osaka, Osaka, Japan.

Conference Theme: 'The Impact of Innovation: Technology and You'

Technology is all around us. Long gone are the days when we could just walk into a classroom with a handful of papers and a piece of chalk. Even if we are in an environment that is lacking resources, our students with mobile phones, internet café, and social networking, are exposed to technology daily. And new uses of technology are being introduced daily. These new uses show how innovation and creativity go hand-in-hand. We invite language educators, administrators, policy makers, and others to join us at ACTC2013 as we examine technology's impact upon our classrooms, share what innovations we are currently implementing, and look to the future imagining the role technology will play in education.

Call for Papers:

We encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to technology in the classroom, including the following streams:

Beyond Web 2.0
Computer Adaptive Testing
Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Digital literacy
e-Assessment and new assessment theories and methodologies
e-Learning and collaborative learning
Education in a virtual world
Future classrooms
Human computer interaction
Instructional technology
Integrating e-learning in classroom based language teaching
Interactive whiteboard technologies (Blackboard, WebCT, etc.)
Language labs
Learning systems platforms
Mobile learning
Mobile technologies
Moodle and classroom teaching
Multimedia
New Technologies
Open and distance learning technologies
Social networking
Support centers
Teaching online
Telecollaboration
Video Podcasting
Virtual and personal learning environments
Virtual communities
Web 2.0 technologies in the classroom
Web-based learning
Web-based writing education
Wikis, blogs, and online Journals

For more details about submitting an abstract, please view our website

http://www.actc.iafor.org

Deadline for submission of abstracts (250 words):  January 1, 2013
Results of abstract reviews returned to authors: Within two weeks of submitting an abstract
Deadline for submission of full papers: June 1, 2013
Deadline for full conference registration payment for all presenters: April 1, 2013
ACTC Conference: April 25-28, 2013