23.3914, Support: Applied Linguistics: PhD Student, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 20 17:20:33 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3914. Thu Sep 20 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3914, Support: Applied Linguistics: PhD Student, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:20:04
From: Christopher Jenks [cjjenks at cityu.edu.hk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3914.html&submissionid=4553901&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: City University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of English
Web Address: http://www.english.cityu.edu.hk/en/index.jsp

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Dear LINGUIST List members,

My name is Chris Jenks, and I am the Research Degrees Coordinator for the
Department of English at City University of Hong Kong. I would like to inform you
that we are recruiting PhD students for the 'Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme'.
Please inform any potential candidates of this wonderful opportunity to study in
Hong Kong and at our university.

For your information, the Fellowship provides a monthly stipend of HK$20,000
(~US$2,600), and a conference and research-related travel allowance of
HK$10,000 (~US$1,300) per year for a maximum of three years. In addition,
Fellowship recipients at City University will receive the 'Chow Yei Ching School of
Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarship' (HK$66,100; ~USD8,474), which covers
tuition and on-campus hostel accommodation fees for the first year.

Applications for 2013 can be submitted anytime from 3 September - 1 December
2012.

Important dates and procedures:

Applicants should first submit an online application to the RGC
(www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd). You will be given a reference number during this step.

Applicants are then required to submit an application, together with supporting
documents, to City University's Online Admission System at
(http://www.cityu.edu.hk/sgs/oas). Please quote the RGC reference number.

January 2013
Application decision.

March 2013
Notification of Fellowship results by the RGC.

Please contact me if you have any questions. You can also visit our website at
(http://www.cityu.edu.hk/sgs/hkphd/index.htm) for additional information.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Jenks, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Applied Linguistics
Research Degrees Program Coordinator
City University of Hong Kong
Department of English
CMC Building, M8088

Website:
www.christopherjenks.info

Conversation Analysis Network - Asia (CAN-Asia):
www.conversationanalysis.info

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://www.rgc.edu.hk/hkphd

Contact Information: