23.3962, Calls: Applied Linguistics/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 25 14:58:24 UTC 2012

LINGUIST List: Vol-23-3962. Tue Sep 25 2012. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 23.3962, Calls: Applied Linguistics/UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:57:25
From: Melissa Choi [ectc at iafor.org]
Subject: Inaugural European Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2013

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=23-3962.html&submissionid=4554149&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Inaugural European Conference on Technology in the Classroom 2013
Short Title: ECTC 2013

Date: 11-Jul-2013 - 14-Jul-2013
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Melissa Choi
Meeting Email: ectc at iafor.org
Web Site: http://www.ectc.iafor.org

Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2013

Meeting Description:

The International Academic Forum in conjunction with its global partners is proud to announce the Inaugural European Conference on Technology in the Classroom, to be held from July 11-14, 2013, at the Thistle Hotel, Brighton, England.

Conference Theme: 'The Impact of Innovation: Technology and You'

Technology is all around us. Long gone are the days when we could just walk into a classroom with a handful of papers and a piece of chalk. Even if we are in an environment that is lacking resources, our students with mobile phones, internet café, and social networking, are exposed to technology daily. And new uses of technology are being introduced daily. These new uses show how innovation and creativity go hand-in-hand. We invite language educators, administrators, policy makers, and others to join us at ECTC 2013 as we examine technology's impact upon our classrooms, share what innovations we are currently implementing, and look to the future imagining the role technology will play in education.

Call for Papers:

The submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions within and across a variety of disciplines and fields related to technology in the classroom, including the following streams:

Beyond Web 2.0
Computer Adaptive Testing
Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Digital literacy
e-Assessment and new Assessment Theories and Methodologies
e-learning and collaborative learning
Education in a virtual world
Future Classrooms
Human computer interaction
Instructional Technology
Integrating e-learning in classroom based language teaching
Interactive Whiteboard technologies (Blackboard, WebCT, etc.)
Language Labs
Learning Systems Platforms
Mobile learning
Mobile technologies
Moodle and Classroom Teaching
Multimedia
New Technologies
Open and distance learning technologies
Social networking
Support Centers
Teaching online
Telecollaboration
Video Podcasting
Virtual and personal learning environments
Virtual Communities
Web 2.0 technologies in the classroom
Web-based Learning
Web-based Writing Education
Wikis, Blogs, and Online Journals

For more information on submission guidelines, please view our website:

http://www.ectc.iafor.org

Proceedings Submission Deadlines:

Deadline for submission of abstracts: March 1, 2013
Results of abstract reviews returned to authors: Usually within two-three weeks of submitting an abstract
Deadline for full conference registration payment for all presenters: June 15, 2013
ECTC Conference: July 11-14, 2013
Deadline for submission of full papers: September 1, 2013