24.1529, FYI: AATSEEL 2013 Book Awards Competition

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 4 17:27:55 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1529. Thu Apr 04 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1529, FYI: AATSEEL 2013 Book Awards Competition

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 13:27:51
From: Lenore Grenoble [grenoble at uchicago.edu]
Subject: AATSEEL 2013 Book Awards Competition

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1529.html&submissionid=10438537&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Dear colleagues,

I am forwarding the following message from Justin Weir in my capacity as a
member of the AATSEEL book awards committee. We would greatly appreciate
nominations for the linguistics prize!

In order to be eligible, the author (or at least one author in the case of
co-authored books) must be a member of AATSEEL (the American Association of
Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages).

Best,

Lenore

The Publications Committee of AATSEEL is soliciting nominations for its annual
awards competition. As in the past, awards will be given for “Best Book in
Literary/Cultural Studies,” “Best Translation into English,” “Best
Contribution to Slavic Linguistics,” and “Best Contribution to Language
Pedagogy.” For the prizes in literary/cultural studies, translation, and
linguistics, all books published in 2011 and 2012 are eligible. For the prize
in language pedagogy, books, textbooks, computer software, testing materials,
and other instructional tools published in 2010, 2011 or 2012 are eligible.
Full eligibility requirements and selection procedures are described on the
AATSEEL book prize webpage: http://www.aatseel.org/about/prizes/

To make a nomination in any of these four categories, please contact me via
email (weir at fas.harvard.edu). I will then contact the press.

The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2013.

Please also feel free to contact me should you have any other questions.

Justin Weir

--
Justin Weir
Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures

Language Family(ies): Slavic Subgroup

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/