24.1538, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 5 14:57:48 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1538. Fri Apr 05 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1538, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:57:10
From: Chase Raymond [craymond at ucla.edu]
Subject: 4th International Conference on Conversation Analysis

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1538.html&submissionid=10505698&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 4th International Conference on Conversation Analysis
Short Title: ICCA-14

Date: 25-Jun-2014 - 29-Jun-2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Contact Person: Tanya Stivers
Meeting Email: ICCA14 at ssc.ucla.edu
Web Site: http://icca14.sscnet.ucla.edu

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Jul-2013

Meeting Description:

ICCA 14 is the 4th International Conference on Conversation Analysis. It is being hosted by The International Society for Conversation Analysis (ISCA), formed at ICCA-10 in Mannheim, and will take place June 25-29, 2014 at UCLA. We will also have pre-conference workshops June 23-25. Details on these pre-conference workshops will be posted on the website shortly.

We now have FAQs up on the webpage (http://icca14.sscnet.ucla.edu). We will be updating the website frequently with details about the conference.

Registration for ICCA-14 will be available this summer.

ICCA-14 Organizers: Steve Clayman, John Heritage & Tanya Stivers

Call for Papers:

Submissions for the upcoming ICCA-14 conference will be accepted starting May 1, 2013. The deadline is July 1, 2013, Pacific Standard Time.

This deadline is for all papers - those submitted as part of panels as well as individual submissions - as well as all other panel types. We hope that you will consider submitting an abstract and will encourage colleagues and students to do so as well.

We are very pleased that De Gruyter will be sponsoring the best graduate student paper award for $400. Please encourage your students to submit!

For more information about the conference, our venue and submissions, see the ICCA-14 website which we will continue to update: http://icca14.sscnet.ucla.edu/.

Feel free to email icca14 at ssc.ucla.edu if you have other questions.