24.1564, Jobs: English; Comp Ling: Research Scientist- Acoustic Modeling (9444), Nuance Communications

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 5 18:52:04 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1564. Fri Apr 05 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1564, Jobs: English; Comp Ling: Research Scientist- Acoustic Modeling (9444), Nuance Communications

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 14:51:52
From:  EMEA Jobs [emeajobs at nuance.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist- Acoustic Modeling (9444), Nuance Communications, Vienna, Austria

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1564.html&submissionid=10505780&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Vienna, Austria
Web Address: http://www.nuance.com
Job Rank: Research Scientist- Acoustic Modeling (9444)

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

9444: Research Scientist - Acoustic modeling
Location: Vienna (Austria)

Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses
and consumers around the world. Our technologies, applications and services
make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people
interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every
day, millions of users and thousands of businesses, experience Nuance by
calling directory assistance, getting account information, dictating patient
records, telling a navigation system their destination, or digitally
reproducing documents that can be shared and searched. Making each of those
experiences productive and compelling is what Nuance is all about.

As a contributing member of Nuance, you will work within a dynamic team
environment to develop, support, market and sell our award-winning software
applications. We offer competitive compensation packages and a casual work
environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team that operates worldwide
(Europe, US, APAC). Be a part of our fast growing track of continuing success.

For more information, please see http://www.nuance.com.

Nuance is an equal opportunity employer.

Task:
As a Research Scientist you will be part of the Healthcare Automatic Speech
Recognition Research team. You will work on research and development of ASR
algorithms, resources and methods to improve accuracy and performance of
Nuance healthcare products.
-  Work in acoustic modeling area.
-  Development of training and adaptation tools and algorithms.
-  Performing speech recognition (computer) experiments and studies.
-  Experimental and theoretical analysis of speech recognition problems.
-  Following academic development in speech recognition area, attending
conferences and writing scientific papers (if applicable).

Profile:
-  PhD or Master Degree in engineering sciences, mathematics or physics
-  Knowledge in automatic speech recognition methods and algorithms
-  Analytical and problem-solving skills
-  Statistical data analysis
-  Scripting languages in Unix/Linux environment (e.g. Perl, python, bash)
-  Team player but also able to work on his own initiative
-  Willing to learn
-  English language

Preferred:
-  Experience (industrial or academic) in acoustic modeling area
-  Statistical pattern recognition
-  Signal processing

At Nuance Communications we believe our people are our most valuable asset.

We offer competitive compensation packages and we offer you career development
opportunities in a challenging technical but casual work environment.

As a Nuance team member you will work within a dynamic international team
operating worldwide.

Does Nuance speak to you?

If you are interested in joining our team, please send your English CV
including earliest starting date and salary expectations via our home page or
via the application email address below including the reference number.

Email Address for Applications: emeajobs at nuance.com
Web Address for Applications: http://www.nuance.com
Contact Information
	EMEA Jobs