24.1600, Calls: General Linguistics/ Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review (Jrnl)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Apr 8 16:54:17 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1600. Mon Apr 08 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1600, Calls: General Linguistics/ Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review (Jrnl)

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Justin Petro <justin at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:53:44
From: Dorota Lockyer [dlockyer at uvic.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1600.html&submissionid=10573061&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review

Language Family(ies): Germanic; Slavic Subgroup

Call Deadline: 22-Jun-2013

Verges: Germanic & Slavic Studies in Review (GSSR) is an interdisciplinary
open-access, online and blind peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by
graduate students in the Department of Germanic and Slavic Studies at the
University of Victoria. Its goal is to promote graduate and undergraduate
student research in all areas of Germanic and Slavic Studies including, but
not limited to: general linguistics, typology, literature and language,
translation studies and second language acquisition.

The upcoming Fall/Winter issue (Vol. 2, Issue 2) will not be a themed issue;
thus, we accept interdisciplinary articles (empirical and theoretical)
pertinent to Germanic and/or Slavic Studies. We are looking for articles at
least 3,600 words long (not including works cited) in MLA format. We accept
articles from international students, granted that the article itself is
written in English.

The deadline for submissions is June 22, 2013. Contact the journal editors at
gsreview at uvic.ca or visit the journal's website at
http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/verges for more information.

Please forward this to students you know who might be interested.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/