24.1788, FYI: MORFORETEM: New Blog on Spanish Morphology

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 23 13:36:41 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1788. Tue Apr 23 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1788, FYI: MORFORETEM: New Blog on Spanish Morphology

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:36:35
From: Elena Felíu Arquiola [efeliu at ujaen.es]
Subject: MORFORETEM: New Blog on Spanish Morphology

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1788.html&submissionid=11179719&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

RETEM (Spanish Morphology Thematic Network) was set up a few years ago to
channel the concerns of Spanish morphologists and all those linguists that, in
one way or another, come to study Spanish morphology.

At the last meeting of RETEM at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona (Spain),
that took place in May 2012, a need was identified to increase communication
channels between RETEM members and those interested in Spanish morphology.

You will be able to continue consulting information of interest on the RETEM
website (http://www.uam.es/gruposinv/retem/) about the “history” of the themed
network (members, events held, etc); in addition, now we would like to present
a blog (MORFORETEM: http://morforetem.wordpress.com/), with which we aim for
two things:

On the one hand, the blog will be the direct channel of information for news
regarding our yearly meetings. On the other hand, we also intend to introduce
relevant information for Spanish (and other language) morphologists:
publications, training days, conferences, IT tools, etc. We are asking for
your assistance with this. Elena Felíu Arquiola (Jaén University, Spain,
efeliu at ujaen.es) and David Serrano-Dolader (Zaragoza University, Spain,
dserrano at unizar.es) are the authors and editors of the blog.

You can visit the blog whenever you wish and add comments to the different
items of news published. For operating reasons, and to avoid the usual
annoyance of spam, the blog is moderated, so your comments are first passed by
the editors. On the other hand, if you want to follow this blog and receive
notifications of the new publications by email, you only need to leave your
email address in the space provided on the home page.

We would be extremely grateful if, according to your possibilities, you could
help us to spread the news of the creation of this blog amongst any people who
might be interested.

Welcome and remember that you can already start making contributions. Many
thanks to all.

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)