24.1813, Confs: Cognitive Science, Linguistic Theories, Typology, Lang Acquisition/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 24 16:19:53 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1813. Wed Apr 24 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1813, Confs: Cognitive Science, Linguistic Theories, Typology, Lang Acquisition/UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna Belew <anna at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:19:09
From: Willem Hollmann [w.hollmann at lancaster.ac.uk]
Subject: 5th UK Cognitive Linguistics Conference

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1813.html&submissionid=11314771&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

5th UK Cognitive Linguistics Conference
Short Title: UK-CLC5

Date: 29-Jul-2014 - 31-Jul-2014
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Contact: Willem Hollmann
Contact Email: w.hollmann at lancaster.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/events/uk-clc5/index.htm

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Linguistic Theories; Typology

Meeting Description:

5th UK Cognitive Linguistics Conference

29-31 July 2014, Lancaster University

The 5th UK Cognitive Linguistics Conference (UK-CLC5) will be hosted by Lancaster University. Confirmed plenary speakers are:

- Daniel Casasanto (The New School, New York)
- Alan Cienki (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
- William Croft (University of New Mexico)
- Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)
- Stefan Gries (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Elena Semino (Lancaster University)

The conference aims to cover a broad range of research concerned with language and cognition. We will be especially interested in promoting strongly empirical work. To this end, we will also be looking to organise (some of) the papers into thematic sessions, with our plenary speakers acting as discussants. The themes will be:

- Embodiment
- Gesture
- Typology and constructional analyses of the languages of the world
- Acquisition
- Corpora and statistical methods
- Metaphor and discourse

Information about the conference can be found at http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/events/uk-clc5/index.htm, which will be updated as more details become available. The first call for papers will follow soon.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/