24.1819, All: Obituary: M. Teresa Turell i Juli à

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Apr 25 13:26:00 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1819. Thu Apr 25 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1819, All: Obituary: M. Teresa Turell i Julià

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:24:41
From: Sheila Queralt [sheila.queralt at upf.edu]
Subject: Obituary: M. Teresa Turell i Julià

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1819.html&submissionid=11314838&topicid=1&msgnumber=1
 We deeply regret to announce the passing of our esteemed colleague and
professor, M. Teresa Turell i Julià.

Dr. Turell, Professor of English at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, and
Director of the Institut Universitari de Lingüística Aplicada between 2004
and 2007, was also the founder and director of the research group UVAL and
of the ForensicLab.

In recent years, she fought fiercely against illness, without ever
abandoning her interest and dedication to quality research in applied
linguistics, especially in the areas of variation, sociolinguistics and
forensic linguistics.

Up until the last moment, she remained as brave and active as her illness
would permit in teaching, research, directing theses, leading her group and
defending the IULA as a center of reference in applied linguistics.

She will be hugely missed.

The wake will be held Thursday at the Tanatori de Collserola
after 16h and the funeral will also be held at the Tanatori de Collserola
on Friday, April 26 and 12h15.

--
Sheila Queralt

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable