24.3296, Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Turkey

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Aug 18 12:25:05 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3296. Sun Aug 18 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3296, Calls: English, Applied Linguistics/Turkey

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 08:24:40
From: John Adamson [johnadamson253 at hotmail.com]
Subject: English Scholars Beyond Borders

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3296.html&submissionid=18688107&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: English Scholars Beyond Borders
Short Title: ESBB

Date: 20-Mar-2014 - 22-Mar-2014
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Contact Person: Roger Nunn
Meeting Email: rogercnunn at yahoo.co.uk
Web Site: http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/conference/

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2013

Meeting Description:

A new teaching organization, ESBB (English Scholars Beyond Borders) http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/conference/, is arranging a conference in Turkey March 20-22, 2013 in Izmir, Turkey to be hosted by Dokuz Eylül University School of Education.

The aim of the conference is to assemble scholars from across the globe to share ideas and expand our epistemological horizons. While the conference theme is English Beyond Borders, this can be understood in the broadest possible sense as our intention is to embrace epistemological diversity in English education and research.

Registration fees: $200 for presenters, $50 to attend without presenting

Call for Papers:

This will be our inaugural conference and topics might address themes in relation to English as an International Language, international publishing or cross cultural research, but might also include:

- Crossing interdisciplinary borders
- Embracing holistic approaches to language and language teaching with relevance across borders and disciplines
- Studies which critically investigate academic publishing from the perspectives of authors, reviewers/editors, and Open Access
- New approaches to any applied linguistic discipline that expands horizons in the field such as materials design, approaches to assessment
- Making connections between different aspects of our field
- A local innovation or local action research preferably but not obligatorily inspired by any of the themes above
- Integrated curriculum including content and language integration

Proposals can be sent to: proposals at englishscholarsbeyondborders.org. Proposals should include brief biodata, a 50-75 word abstract and a one page summary of approximately 300 words.

Deadline for proposals: November 15, 2013.