24.4862, FYI: Call for Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 2 15:22:24 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4862. Mon Dec 02 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4862, FYI: Call for Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 10:18:47
From: Carrie Hill [wplc at uvic.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4862.html&submissionid=23883750&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Call Deadline: February 8, 2014

The Working Papers of the Linguistics Circle of the University of Victoria (WPLC), http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/index, is a working papers journal published by the graduate students of Department of Linguistics at the University of Victoria. The volumes go back to 1981 and include published proceedings from the Northwest Linguistics Conference, as well as general and thematic volumes. In 2010 we switched to exclusive online publishing through the University of Victoria Libraries' instance of the Open Journal System (OJS) software.

WPLC is currently accepting submissions for Volume 24, with an open-ended theme on academic subjects influenced or inspired by Dr. John Esling, including but not limited to articulatory phonetics, acoustic phonetics, applied linguistics, speech sciences, and speech technology. The aim of the volume is to pay tribute to Dr. Esling and his long-standing and prestigious career as teacher, supervisor, and academic. As his work spans both generative and applied linguistic domains, we encourage submissions from a wide array of linguistic sub-disciplines.

To submit, visit our website for details, http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/index, and follow the submission instructions. Papers submitted by e-mail will not be considered. Papers should not exceed 25 pages including references. Please follow the WPLC style guide and other author guidelines available at:
http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/about/submissions#authorGuidelines.

Submissions from both students and faculty are encouraged. We ask that all student (undergraduate and graduate) submissions be accompanied by an e-mail from a supervising professor, sent directly to our e-mail (wplc at uvic.ca) account from the professor, indicating that the material is of publishable quality. Without this documentation there is no guarantee that papers will be reviewed.

We also intend to include tributes to Dr. Esling in this volume. We therefore welcome submissions which honour him though brief anecdotes, short stories, or memories of how this extraordinary scholar has inspired individuals, their studies, or their careers. The limit for individual contributions to this section of the volume is 300 words, exclusive of name and affiliation.

Please forward any questions to wplc at uvic.ca. We look forward to your submissions.

Important Information:

Soft Deadline: January 20th 2014
Hard Deadline: February 8th 2014

Theme:
A Tribute to Dr. John Esling: Open-ended topics from academic domains influenced or inspired by Dr. Esling

Submission:
Online through the WPLC OJS website at http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/index

Page Limit:
25, including references

Style Guide and Other author information:
http://journals.uvic.ca/index.php/WPLC/about/submissions#authorGuidelines

Other Requirements:
Student submissions must be accompanied by an email from a supervising professor indicating that the paper is of publishable quality.

                     Computational Linguistics
                     General Linguistics
                     Phonetics
                     Phonology