24.5202, Jobs: English; German; Comp Ling; Translation: Translation Manager, HolidayCheck AG

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 16 15:31:37 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-5202. Mon Dec 16 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.5202, Jobs: English; German; Comp Ling; Translation: Translation Manager, HolidayCheck AG

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:30:53
From: Anika Preuschoft [karriere at holidaycheck.com]
Subject: English; German; Computational Linguistics; Translation: Translation Manager, HolidayCheck AG, Bottighofen, Switzerland

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-5202.html&submissionid=24813152&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: HolidayCheck AG
Department: Human Resources
Job Location: Bottighofen, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.holidaycheck.ch
Job Rank: Translation Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Translation

Required Language(s): English (eng)
                      German (deu)

Our aspiring team in Switzerland, located directly at beautiful Lake Constance or optionally Munich is searching for a Translation Manager Linguistics (f/m).

Your tasks:
- As Translation Manager Linguistics (f/m) you and the translation team are responsible for transferring all contents at HolidayCheck from any language into any other language.
- Your goal is to increase the quality of the translation output by improving both source and target texts with natural language processing means
- You mainly work with both original user generated contents and translated target texts
- You use text mining, data mining, and natural language processing to determine the quality of texts and categorize these according to their quality
- You develop, evaluate, and execute rules and procedures to improve the translatability of source texts and the quality of target texts
- Additionally, you are responsible to manage the data in our proprietary databases
- Generating bilingual data and working closely together with our machine translation provider rounds off your interesting and versatile job

Your profile:
- Your success is based on an academic background in computational linguistics, natural language processing, or similar
- In at least 2 years of your professional experience you have accumulated know how in data processing techniques of medium to large data sets
- You have a good understanding of existing NLP tools, software, and frameworks
- You are a proficient user of both Windows and Linux and have a good command of at least one programming language
- Your highly analytical mind and a very good technical and data understanding are a valuable asset for the job
- You display a high ability and willingness to learn independently
- Your approach to any tasks is structured and well-organized
- You enjoy working in a small team and are highly committed to the team tasks
- Your command of English and German are at least at a B2 level
- Applicants for the German location in Munich must be prepared to travel frequently and regularly to our headquarters in Bottighofen, Switzerland

Interested?
HolidayCheck AG is a company with an outstanding reputation, beautifully located directly at Lake Constance in close vicinity to the city of Constance. You can expect intellectually challenging duties and a professional form of cooperation and teamwork. High quality relationships to other co-workers and superiors as well as continuing opportunities and career options form our environment. Here you can have an approach focused on business and be creative and innovative! You’ll be enthused by our dynamics and speed.

We look forward to welcoming you soon! Please send us your full application (CV, credentials, references) by e-mail using the online form provided, including where you saw our announcement, your earliest possible starting date and salary requirements.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.holidaycheck.ch/jobangebot?id=927
Contact Information:
	Anika Preuschoft
	Email: karriere at holidaycheck.com