24.5205, Jobs: Paraguayan Guaran=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=AD=3B_?=Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, Appen
linguist at linguistlist.org
linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 16 15:33:28 UTC 2013
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-5205. Mon Dec 16 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 24.5205, Jobs: Paraguayan Guaraní; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, Appen
Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison
<reviews at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:33:23
From: Arpita Ghosh [AGhosh at appen.com]
Subject: Paraguayan Guaraní; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, Appen
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.appen.com/
Job Title: Linguist – Paraguayan Guaraní
Job Rank: Linguist
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Paraguayan Guaraní
Required Language(s): Guaraní, Paraguayan (gug)
Appen, a global language technology solutions and consulting firm.
Appen is looking for a Paraguayan Guaraní Linguist whose main duties include developing a language profile on Paraguayan Guaraní, checking phonemic transcriptions of Paraguayan Guaraní words, doing small amounts of translation, advising on Paraguayan Guaraní spelling conventions, and providing relevant linguistic expertise.
- Location: Remote, Global
- Hours: Requires a commitment of approximately 10 hours per week, depending on the tasks required. Please note that the work may be sporadic at times but we will do our best to give you fair warning of any changes to the workflow and timelines.
- Length of assignment: We have positions open immediately, and expect work to be ongoing for the next 6-12 months.
- Must have a background in linguistics and a familiarity with the language, at the level of a fluent native speaker.
- Specific linguistic background in at least one of the following: Phonetics and phonology (candidates should be familiar with IPA); Paraguayan Guaraní language variation; Paraguayan Guaraní spelling conventions.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to read and write Paraguayan Guaraní.
- Must be able to type the Paraguayan Guaraní alphabet into Firefox web browsers.
- Must be able to make decisions on spelling (with the assistance of another linguist).
- Must have good typing and computer skills.
Required System and Software Access:
- Must have a reliable Internet connection, and access to a computer with the latest versions of Firefox, Java and Flash Player.
- Must have access to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a Skrill (previously known as Moneybookers) or Paypal account for payments.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=BUTLERHILL&cws=4&rid=602
Email: AGhosh at appen.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-5205
More information about the Linguist