24.5259, Calls: Translation, Semantics, Morphology, Syntax/Poland

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Dec 17 18:19:24 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-5259. Tue Dec 17 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.5259, Calls: Translation, Semantics, Morphology, Syntax/Poland

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:17:24
From: Joanna Paszenda [joanna at tyskiekolegium.pl]
Subject: Polysemy in Language and Translation

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-5259.html&submissionid=24956465&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Polysemy in Language and Translation
Short Title: Polysemy 2014

Date: 12-May-2014 - 13-May-2014
Location: Katowice, Poland
Contact Person: Joanna Paszenda
Meeting Email: polysemy2014 at wszop.edu.pl
Web Site: http://www.wszop.edu.pl/polysemy2014

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Translation

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

Polysemy in Language and Translation
Katowice, Poland
May 12-13, 2014

We invite researchers of all linguistic persuasions who are working on the polysemous structure of linguistic units to present and share with us results of their studies in whatever linguistic discipline they are working, be it polysemy in phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics or discourse studies.

Plenary Speakers:

Prof. Elżbieta Tabakowska (Jagiellonian University, Poland)
Prof. Francisco Gonzálvez-García (University of Almería, Spain)
Prof. Ewa Jędrzejko (University of Silesia, Poland)
Prof. Wacław Osadnik (University of Alberta, Canada - unconfirmed)
Prof. Andrzej Łyda (University of Silesia, Poland)
Prof. Bogusław Bierwiaczonek (WSZOP, Poland)

Registration opens on March 18, 2014.

Further information and the registration form are available at: www.wszop.edu.pl/polysemy2014.

Call for Papers:

We invite researchers of all linguistic persuasions who are working on the polysemous structure of linguistic units to present and share with us results of their studies in whatever linguistic discipline they are working, be it polysemy in phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics or discourse studies.

In addition to purely linguistic presentations, we also invite researchers who deal with the practical consequences of polysemy from the cross-linguistic perspective, i.e. translators. We expect those presentations to be perhaps less theoretical and more practical in the sense of addressing the translators' and interpreters' choices and decisions in their actual work and practice of translation.

Abstract Submission:

Abstracts for 20-minute presentations (plus ten-minute discussion) should be no more than 250 words (excluding references). Abstracts should be sent by email as a Word or PDF attachment to polysemy2014 at wszop.edu.pl. The body of the email should include the following information: the author's first name and surname, title of the presentation, affiliation with postal and contact details, and the author's email address.

Important Dates:

Abstract submission by February 28, 2014
Notification of acceptance via email by March 17, 2014