24.718, Calls: Language Acquisition/Spain

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 7 19:34:15 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-718. Thu Feb 07 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.718, Calls: Language Acquisition/Spain

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:32:48
From: Lee L'Hote [llhote at iesabroad.org]
Subject: IES Abroad Second Language Research Symposium

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-718.html&submissionid=7968608&topicid=3&msgnumber=1
 Full Title: IES Abroad Second Language Research Symposium

Date: 10-Jun-2013 - 14-Jun-2013
Location: Madrid, Spain
Contact Person: Lee L'Hote
Meeting Email: llhote at iesabroad.org
Web Site: https://www.iesabroad.org/study-abroad/advisors-faculty/consortium/faculty-development-seminars

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 22-Mar-2013

Meeting Description:

The IES Abroad Second Language Research Symposium in Madrid will bring together faculty from the United States and Spain with interests in Second Language Acquisition theories and methodologies. Of particular interest for the Symposium are discussions that center upon the teaching of language and intercultural communication within a study abroad environment.

Call for Papers:

We would like to invite researchers from our Consortium Member Schools to join Spanish scholars currently working with Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Methodologies for our Second Language Research Symposium in Madrid. Our Symposium will accept proposals from all research areas in the field, with particular interests in:

- Second Language Learning in a Study Abroad Context vs. Student Learning in the Home Culture
- Technology and Second Language Acquisition
- L2 Assessment
- Socio-Cultural Approaches to Second Language Acquisition
- Innovative Classroom Applications of Second Language Acquisition Theory

The format of the symposium will allow participants to give presentations of 30-45 minutes in length, and numerous activities in and around Madrid are planned.

IES Abroad subsidizes travel and conference expenses for faculty from its Consortium Member Schools.  Please see the website for full details regarding the nomination/submission process, and please contact Lee L’Hote (llhote at iesabroad.org) with questions.