24.763, Calls: Cognitive Science, Neurolinguistics, Psycholinguistics/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Feb 11 19:27:39 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-763. Mon Feb 11 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.763, Calls: Cognitive Science, Neurolinguistics, Psycholinguistics/USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Anna Belew <anna at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:27:18
From: Heather Simpson [hsimpson at umail.ucsb.edu]
Subject: Cognition and Language Workshop 2013

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-763.html&submissionid=7968760&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Cognition and Language Workshop 2013
Short Title: CLaW

Date: 31-Aug-2013 - 01-Sep-2013
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Contact Person: Heather Simpson
Meeting Email: hsimpson at umail.ucsb.edu
Web Site: http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/claw/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 30-Jun-2013

Meeting Description:

CLaW is a faculty and graduate student conference on language and cognition,
organized by SCUL (Studying the Cognitive Underpinnings of Language), an
interdisciplinary research group at the University of California, Santa
Barbara.

Call for Papers:

The Cognition and Language Workshop (CLaW) invites abstracts for talks and poster presentations involving the relation between language and cognition. CLaW is organized by SCUL (Studying the Cognitive Underpinnings of Language), an interdisciplinary research group at the University of California, Santa Barbara. We welcome talks that investigate language as a cognitive activity as well as talks investigating cognition as a dimension of language. Talks may involve any area of linguistics -- phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, discourse, pragmatics, psycholinguistics, language acquisition, corpus and/or computational linguistics, and others. We especially encourage empirical data-driven perspectives, as well as interdisciplinary talks connecting linguistics to other disciplines within cognitive science.

Talks will be 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes for discussion. Posters will be presented during a separate poster session. Submission guidelines for abstracts and posters are on our website at:

http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/claw/call.html

Key Dates:

The deadline for receipt of abstracts is Sunday, June 30, 2013. Notification of acceptance will be by email no later than July 14, 2013. Notifications will indicate whether your abstract has been accepted for presentation as a talk or as a poster.

Workshops:

This year CLaW will also feature pre-conference workshops on August 31. Workshops should be self-contained instructional sessions providing a practical introduction to specific methodological and/or analytical techniques of use in research on language and cognition. If you are interested in offering a workshop, please see the guidelines on our website:

http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/claw/call.html

Key Dates:

Deadline for receipt of workshop proposals is May 1, 2013. Notification of accepted workshops will be by email no later than May 15, 2013.