24.928, Jobs: Disc Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Feb 21 15:41:25 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-928. Thu Feb 21 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.928, Jobs: Disc Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:40:22
From: Katie Romweber [kromweber at h5.com]
Subject: Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Consultant, H5, California, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-928.html&submissionid=8632896&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: H5
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.h5.com
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

About H5:
H5 serves the needs of leading law firms and corporate clients, using powerful
proprietary software to provide technology-assisted review and expert search
consulting & research. H5’s document review and analytic services uniquely
support our clients’ requirements for large-scale litigation, investigation,
records retention, and regulatory compliance.  H5’s "hybrid" approach to
technology-assisted review combines patented information retrieval technology
and expert professional services. Through this model, H5 has created a fully
integrated document review system that is unparalleled in performance, as
proven in independent, benchmarked studies. For more information, visit
www.h5.com.

Overview:
The H5 Professional Services Group includes linguists, lawyers, researchers,
statisticians, e-discovery and data modeling experts and project managers. Our
multidisciplinary teams use H5’s proprietary software and a well-defined
process to build linguistic models that classify electronic data and support
strategic search for documents that help our clients win.  H5 is seeking
candidates with backgrounds in linguistics (or related fields of textual
corpus analysis), an affinity for developing novel search strategies, and a
desire to collaborate with professional teams and sophisticated search
technologies.

Primary Responsibilities:
-  Analyzing linguistic data;
-  Researching large corpora for linguistic patterns;
-  Creating search strategies based on linguistic patterns;
-  Researching subject matter and factual issues in complex litigation;
-  Rapidly developing an understanding of new subject matter;
-  Reading a wide variety of documents, from e-mail to academic articles;
-  Synthesizing large amounts of information from a variety of sources;
-  Designing, building, and testing search models unique to each project.

Key Competencies:
-  Understanding of syntax, semantics, and pragmatics, in written
communication;
-  Experience in corpus, text, or discourse analysis a plus;
-  Experience in ethnography or anthropology can be helpful, particularly as
it relates to an understanding of contextual cues in text-based communication;
-  Leadership skills, personal incentive and a demonstrated ability to
initiate, develop, and successfully conclude projects;
-  A sharp eye for detail and precise thinking;
-  The ability to make analytical judgments;
-  A practiced sense of order and organization;
-  Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both autonomously and
collaboratively;
-  Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, curiosity, creativity, and
collaborative spirit;
-  Strong computer and software competency in a PC/Windows environment,
including Microsoft Office;
-  Experience in a software development environment a plus.

Minimal Qualifications:
-  Solid academic credentials: advanced-undergraduate and/or graduate-level
coursework in linguistics, textual corpus analysis,  or related field;
-  Experience applying linguistic and search expertise to real language data;
-  Experience in a professional or business environment;
-  Mastery of the English language.

H5 rewards personal excellence in the pursuit of our common goals and is
extraordinarily respectful of the individual and of the creative, intellectual
and cultural diversity of our team. Our culture has allowed us to attract and
retain talented individuals who are driven by a vision of the way we will
transform the practice of litigation and risk management.
H5 is an equal opportunity employer.

Application Deadline:

Web Address for Applications: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oTPaXfwz&s=Linguist_List
Contact Information: