24.168, Calls: Neurolinguistics, Psycholinguistics/Poland

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 10 18:17:45 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-168. Thu Jan 10 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.168, Calls: Neurolinguistics, Psycholinguistics/Poland

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:16:57
From: Susan Bobb [scb207 at gmail.com]
Subject: International Workshop on Bilingualism and Cognitive Control

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-168.html&submissionid=6517219&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: International Workshop on Bilingualism and Cognitive Control
Short Title: BLCC

Date: 15-May-2013 - 17-May-2013
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact Person: Zofia Wodniecka
Meeting Email: blccworkshop at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.blcc2013.langusta.edu.pl

Linguistic Field(s): Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 01-Feb-2013

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the first International Workshop on Bilingualism and Cognitive Control to take place on May 15-17, 2013, in Krakow, Poland. The workshop will be hosted at the Jagiellonian University Guesthouse (http://www.dg.uj.edu.pl/przegorzaly). Located in the beautiful Wolski Woods about 5 km from the center of Krakow, it is an ideal place to discuss our research and build new collaborations. The guesthouse is also able to host families, and we will be providing on-site childcare.

Invited Speakers (confirmed):

Teresa Bajo (University Granada, Spain)
Ellen Bialystok (University of Toronto, Canada)
David W. Green (University College London, UK)
Judith F. Kroll (The Pennsylvania State University, USA)
Viorica Marian (Northwestern University, USA)

The meeting is locally organized by the The Language and Bilingualism Lab at Jagiellonian University (http://langusta.edu.pl/en), directed by Zofia Wodniecka.

2nd Call for Papers:

The deadline for submission of abstracts to the International Workshop on Bilingualism and Cognitive Control has been extended to February 1, 2013.

Submissions are being sought on the topics of bilingual language control and bilingual cognitive control, broadly construed. Submissions that draw links between these two areas are especially welcomed. The reported project may be completed or it may be in progress. The workshop has been structured to maximize interactions between scientists, and so most submissions will be considered for poster sessions, which will form an integral part of the workshop. A limited number of submissions will also be invited as oral presentations. Please contact the conference organizers for space availability if you are interested in attending but will not be presenting by emailing blccworkshop at gmail.com with a brief letter of interest.

Important Information and Deadlines:

Website: http://www.blcc2013.langusta.edu.pl
Meeting email: blccworkshop at gmail.com

Submission deadline for abstracts: February 1, 2013
Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2013
Early Bird registration deadline: March 15, 2013
Regular registration deadline: April 15, 2013

Registration costs and details are forthcoming.

We will be offering 3 travel awards up to 250 Euros for graduate students based on merit (quality of abstract proposal) and financial need.

Abstract Submission:

Abstract submission is available at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/BLCC2013. Abstracts should be no longer than 300 words, excluding title, authors, and references.

Workshop Organizers:

Zofia Wodniecka, Jagiellonian University, Poland
Susan C. Bobb, Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany
Judith F. Kroll, The Pennsylvania State University, USA