24.204, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Canada

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Jan 12 14:39:16 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-204. Sat Jan 12 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.204, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Canada

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:37:21
From: Suzanne Springer [springer.suzanne at uqam.ca]
Subject: Meeting on English Language Teaching

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-204.html&submissionid=6714356&topicid=3&msgnumber=1
 Full Title: Meeting on English Language Teaching
Short Title: MELT

Date: 22-Apr-2013 - 22-Apr-2013
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Contact Person: Suzanne Springer
Meeting Email: melt at uqam.ca

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2013

Meeting Description:

The second annual Meeting on English Language Teaching (MELT) will be hosted by the École de Langues at the Université du Québec à Montréal. MELT is a forum that explores language teaching at the college and university level. For the 2013 program, we chose to focus on second language assessment.

Call for Papers:

We invite submissions for presentations on any aspect of second language assessment. We are interested, this year, in creating a forum where language professionals can share ideas and current research on issues related to both proficiency/placement testing and classroom assessment. Preference will be given to papers on adult second language learning. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

Language proficiency assessment
Issues in measurement and evaluation
Optimal testing environments/platforms
Interpreting test results
Validating language tests
Measures for classroom assessment
Related applied linguistic research

Even though the conference is primarily aimed at English language teachers, we welcome research based on language assessment in languages other than English.

Talks will be 30 minutes long, followed by 10 minutes of discussion. We ask that the abstracts be at most two pages long (including bibliography), font size 12, and one inch margins. Each abstract should be submitted in two copies, .pdf format, to melt at uqam.ca (please include ‘abstract’ in the subject heading of the email). One of these abstracts should be anonymous.

Abstracts and presentations may be in English or French.

Abstract deadline: February 28, 2013

Please note: Conference proceedings will be published by the COOP - UQAM.