24.217, Confs: Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Pragmatics/Argentina

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jan 14 14:38:45 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-217. Mon Jan 14 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.217, Confs: Discourse Analysis, Socioling, Pragmatics/Argentina

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Xiyan Wang <xiyan at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 09:37:25
From: Georgina Lacanna [glacanna at gmail.com]
Subject: II Beatriz Lavandera International Conference-Sociolinguistics and Discourse Analysis

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-217.html&submissionid=6648636&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

II Beatriz Lavandera International Conference-Sociolinguistics and Discourse Analysis

Date: 28-Aug-2013 - 30-Aug-2013
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact: Alicia Carrizo
Contact Email: iijornadasbl2013 at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

The Institute of Linguistics at Facultad de Filosofía y Letras, University of Buenos Aires calls to participate in the II Beatriz Lavandera International Conference- Sociolinguistics and Discourse Analysis to be held August 28-30, 2013 in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The first conference was held at the Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Argentina, in 1999. The main purpose of our conference is to promote the discussion of the latest topics and issues in the field of Sociolinguistics and Discourse Analysis. During our conference, participants are invited to debate the current trends in the study of language in context. We will focus on Argentine and Latin American developments in order to promote those breakthroughs produced both locally and internationally.

Opening Lecture:

William Labov
University of Pennsylvania, USA

Lectures:

Adriana Bolívar
Universidad Central de Venezuela

Alessandro Duranti
University of California, Los Angeles, USA