24.2822, Jobs: Comp Ling; Syntax; Text/Corpus Ling: Asst Prof, University at Buffalo

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jul 11 16:50:34 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2822. Thu Jul 11 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2822, Jobs: Comp Ling; Syntax; Text/Corpus Ling: Asst Prof, University at Buffalo

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:50:06
From: Rui Chaves [rchaves at buffalo.edu]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University at Buffalo, New York, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2822.html&submissionid=17514504&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University at Buffalo
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.buffalo.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University at Buffalo anticipates hiring
a tenure-track Assistant Professor beginning Fall 2014. We are looking for
someone with a strong research record in the application of corpus,
computational, or quantitative methods to the study of language, particularly
in the area of syntax. Additional specializations are welcome. The successful
applicant will be expected to teach courses at all levels as well as serve on
thesis committees, establish and maintain a robust research program, pursue
external funding when available and provide service to the University and
discipline. We will begin to review applications on November 1, 2013 and will
continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit electronically
a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae, and three letters of reference at
the application URL below. Research statement and samples of work are required
for a complete application. They may be attached via the UB Jobs automated
system, or sent under separate cover by email to the application email address
below.

The University at Buffalo is an AA/EO employer; we encourage applications from
all sectors, including underrepresented groups.

Email Address for Applications: sysell at buffalo.edu
Web Address for Applications: http://ubjobs.buffalo.edu
Contact Information:
	Prof. Rui Chaves