24.2870, Jobs: Cog Sci; Neuroling; Phonology; Psycholing: Post Doc, Georg-August-Universit ät Göttingen

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Jul 15 13:07:11 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2870. Mon Jul 15 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2870, Jobs: Cog Sci; Neuroling; Phonology; Psycholing: Post Doc, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:06:41
From: Nivedita Mani [nmani at uni-goettingen.de]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics: Post Doc, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2870.html&submissionid=17720984&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Department: Language Acquisition Junior Research Group
Job Location: Göttingen, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/127874.html
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics

The “Language Acquisition” Junior Research Group (Georg-Elias-Müller Institut
für Psychologie, Georg-August University Göttingen) invites applications for a
Post-doctoral research position (100% TV-L 13: 39,8 hours/week) within the
framework of a DFG funded project entitled “The specificity of the
orthography-phonology interface”. The project will examine the extent to which
processing language in one modality co-activates the other, i.e., the extent
to which reading co-activates the spoken forms of the words we are reading, or
speech co-activates the written forms of the words we hear.

Candidates should hold a doctorate in Psychology, Linguistics, Cognitive
Science or related fields. Other requirements include excellent communication
skills, an interest in experimental psycholinguistic research and a commitment
to interdisciplinary research. Previous experience collecting and analysing
EEG data is desirable. The working language of the group is English and
applicants from outside Germany are encouraged to apply.

The position is initially available for 12 months starting 1st January 2014
and can be extended for at least one more year following successful evaluation
of the person. The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer
and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women.
Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are
underrepresented in this field. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will
be favoured.

Please send your application including a CV and cover letter in electronic
form by 31st August, 2013 to Nivedita Mani at the application email address
below. In addition, we ask that two academic references are sent separately to
the same email address by 31st August 2013.

For further information please visit our website
(http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/127874.html) or contact Nivedita Mani at the
contact email address below.

Application Deadline: 31-Aug-2013

Email Address for Applications: nmani at uni-goettingen.de