24.3038, Confs: Forensic Ling/Germany

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jul 26 13:24:16 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3038. Fri Jul 26 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3038, Confs: Forensic Ling/Germany

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel <caylen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 09:23:52
From: Iman Laversuch Nick [mavi.yaz at web.de]
Subject: Germanic Society for Forensic Linguistics

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3038.html&submissionid=17927943&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Germanic Society for Forensic Linguistics
Short Title: GSFL

Date: 07-Sep-2013 - 08-Sep-2013
Location: Mainz, Germany
Contact: Iman Laversuch Nick
Contact Email: mavi.yaz at web.de
Meeting URL: http://www.forensiclinguistics.eu/

Linguistic Field(s): Forensic Linguistics

Meeting Description:

Germanic Society for Forensic Linguistics (GSFL)
September 7-8 in Mainz, Germany

The Germanic Society of Forensic Linguistics (GSFL) is pleased to announce the 1st Annual Roundtable in Forensic Linguistics.

The purpose of the GSFL Roundtable is to provide researchers, teachers, and practitioners working within all sub-areas of forensic linguistics the opportunity to present and discuss their work within an interdisciplinary setting. For this reason the Roundtable will take place at the end of the 2013 International Summer School for Forensic Linguistic Analysis which this year will also be held in Mainz, Germany from September 2-6: http://www.forensiclinguistics.eu/.

The Germanic Society of Forensic Linguistics (GSFL) is pleased to announce that general registration for the Roundtable has begun.

In alphabetical order, confirmed speakers and presentations for the GSFL Roundtable include the following:

Johann De Wet from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
‘Case Studies in the Language of Serial Rapists’

Malcolm Coulthard from Aston University, England
‘Forensic Linguistics in Germany: A Prospective- Viewing Europe from the Third World’

Michael Jessen from the Bundeskriminalamt (The German Federal Police)
‘The Likelihood Ratio Approach in Forensic Phonetics’

Lawrence Solan from the Brooklyn Law School,USA
‘Linguistics and Legislative Style – The Case of Guardianship Law and the Protection of the Elderly and Disabled’

For the complete list of presenters, please follow this link: http://gsfl.info/roundtable.html.
In addition to our line-up of speakers, during the conference time, Mainz will also be holding one of Europe’s largest wine and art festivals. During this festival, some of the best winemakers in the world will be featuring their newest creations. For that reason, interested participants are encouraged to register early. To make the reservation process easier, we have reserved special rooms for our conference attendees at the Mainz Intercity Hotel where the Roundtable will be held. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Dr. I. M. Laversuch Nick.