24.2342, Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Consultant, Rosetta Stone

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Jun 7 13:44:34 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2342. Fri Jun 07 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2342, Jobs: English; Language Acquisition: Consultant, Rosetta Stone

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 09:44:14
From: Lisa Frumkes [language-content-gg at rosettastone.com]
Subject: English; Language Acquisition: Consultant, Rosetta Stone, Washington, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2342.html&submissionid=14777820&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rosetta Stone
Job Location: Washington, USA
Web Address: http://www.rosettastone.com
Job Rank: Consultant

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

Required Language(s): English (eng)

At Rosetta Stone, our mission is to deliver the best technology-based
solutions for learning languages. Every day, our innovations help people
improve their lives and make the world a better place.

We are currently seeking lesson authors on a contract basis to write and edit
Business English content for adult learners of English as a Second Language.
Authors will be paid on a per-lesson basis, with rapid increase in pay scale
based on total number of completed lessons.

You will be able to work from anywhere and complete work on your own schedule,
provided you are able to meet agreed-upon deadlines. Work will commence in
July 2013 and likely continue through November 2013. It is not necessary for
you to be available during this whole period, but preference will be given to
candidates who can commit to completing a larger number of lessons.

We will train you on standards and authoring tools, and provide you with
learning objectives for your lessons. You must provide your own up-to-date
computer and reliable internet connection.

Requirements:
To be considered, you MUST:
-  Be a native speaker of English
-  Have at least two years’ experience teaching English to adult non-native
speakers
-  Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education, linguistics, or closely related
field
-  Be able to quickly learn to use a straightforward web-based authoring tool
(similar in complexity to Powerpoint)
-  Be able to effectively manage time in order to complete lessons on
agreed-upon deadlines.
-  Be able to commit a minimum of 20 hours per week for at least two months
starting early July 2013.

Desired Qualifications:
Ideal candidates will:
-  Hold a Master’s degree in TESOL or closely related field
-  Have experience teaching Business English
-  Be able to demonstrate ample professional curriculum development experience
-  Have experience creating e-learning/online content
-  Have a strong working understanding of CEFR, especially as it relates to
intermediate and advanced learners

If you’re interested in this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please
send the following documents in .pdf format to
language-content-gg at rosettastone.com:
1. A cover letter addressing the above requirements and desired
qualifications, as well as the number of hours per week you are available in
July through November 2013
2. Your resume

Email Address for Applications: language-content-gg at rosettastone.com
Contact Information: