24.2360, Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation/ Versejunkies: Intersemiotic Translation Journal (Jrnl)

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sun Jun 9 16:54:55 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2360. Sun Jun 09 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2360, Calls: Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation/ Versejunkies: Intersemiotic Translation Journal (Jrnl)

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Justin Petro <justin at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 12:54:15
From: Cutter Streeby [versejunkies at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2360.html&submissionid=14777876&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Versejunkies: Intersemiotic Translation Journal

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation

Call Deadline: 30-Sep-2013

We would like to invite you to submit original research manuscripts or
recommend papers to be published in Versejunkies (ISSN: 2328-9171), which is a
peer-reviewed open access theoretical and practical intersemiotic translation
journal which will be published on VerseJunkies journal through the Open
Source Journal system. More relevant areas of this journal can be found very
soon at the following website: www.versejunkies.com.

We cordially invite you to submit your manuscript to the journal via the
following email: versejunkies at gmail.com

VERSJUNKIES.COM is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary journal dedicated to the
process and theory of translation (an emphasis on intersemiotic translation).

It invites researchers and/or artists to submit original research manuscripts
or recommend papers to be published in VerseJunkies (VJ, ISSN: 2328-9171). It
is a peer-reviewed, open access journal. Its first issue is forthcoming in
June and offers an array of material from artistic translation (intersemiotic)
to traditional translation and academic research. It welcomes articles that
encourage (not limited to) research on aesthetics, cultural semiotics,
translation studies and intersemiotic translation.

Benefits of Open Access Publishing
Open Access publishing allows an immediate, world-wide and barrier-free
distribution of full research papers. Authors and readers will have full
access to artwork and articles published in VJ without a subscription fee.
This free-publication and archiving format, coupled with VJ's extensive social
networking presence (Iran, Peru, UK, Southeast Asia, USA) will ensure that
your work reaches a global audience.

Mission
The mission of Versejunkies is to advance understanding, tolerance and
intercultural exchange through research in the fields of translation,
aesthetic, cultural and semiotic studies.  It seeks to bridge the divide
between artists, academics and the public by providing a platform that is
easily relatable and which fosters interdisciplinary collaboration.

Vision
Our vision is to be a world leader in advancing translation and translation
studies. This vision will be pursued by providing exemplary content, in both
the academic and the artistic aspects of our journal. We will gather
information, both cultural and artistic, on issues pertaining to intersemiotic
and traditional translation which will be provided free of charge on our
website for use by all interested parties. With the novel approach of
intersemiotic translation, we hope to encourage participation from both
artists and academics in the study of (cultural) semiotics while providing
engaging and relatable content to our audience base. Through these measures we
seek to foster an intercultural environment where ideas and art can be
exchanged/engaged by the global community. In this way we hope to encourage
tolerance abroad.

Submission Deadline and Details
Submissions are rolling and all abstracts will be processed in the order they
are received. We accept papers in English, Farsi and Spanish.

Please subscribe to our social media sites: Twitter, Facebook and Academia.edu
for up to date information:

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/versejunkies
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/versejunkies
Academia.edu: http://independent.academia.edu/VERSEJUNKIESCOM