24.2400, Confs: Sociolinguistics/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 12 14:24:56 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2400. Wed Jun 12 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2400, Confs: Sociolinguistics/UK

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:23:55
From: Emma Moore [uklvc9 at sheffield.ac.uk]
Subject: UK Language Variation and Change Conference 9

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2400.html&submissionid=15118696&topicid=4&msgnumber=1
 UK Language Variation and Change Conference 9
Short Title: UKLVC9

Date: 02-Sep-2013 - 04-Sep-2013
Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom
Contact: Chris Montgomery
Contact Email: uklvc9 at sheffield.ac.uk
Meeting URL: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/english/uklvc

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Meeting Description:

The next UK Language Variation and Change conference will take place at the University of Sheffield. This will be the ninth in a series of biennial conferences which showcase research in language variation and sociolinguistics in the United Kingdom. We also welcome international participants and discussion should not necessarily be confined to research on communities within the British Isles. Presentations will focus on any level of language use and should promote understanding of theory or methods used in variationist work.

We are delighted to announce that the plenary speakers will be: Jen Hay (University of Canterbury, NZ); Julia Snell (King's College London, UK); Peter Trudgill (University of Adger, Norway).

The conference programme is now available. Please note that early bird registration closes on 30 June 2013. Programme and registration information is available here: http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/english/uklvc.