24.2425, Support: English, Syntax: PhD Student, Georg-August-University, Germany

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 13 18:55:07 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2425. Thu Jun 13 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2425, Support: English, Syntax: PhD Student, Georg-August-University, Germany

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:55:02
From: Margitta Strüber [mstrueb at uni-goettingen.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2425.html&submissionid=15459616&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: Georg-August-University
Department: English Department / Linguistics Division
Web Address: http://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/119637.html

Level: PhD

Duties: Research,Teaching

Specialty Areas: Syntax
Syntax-Semantics Interface
Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Linguistics Department of the Seminar for English Philology of the
Georg-August-University Goettingen is offering a

PhD position

This position should be filled by 01.09.2013 or 1.10.2013. Regular working
hours will be 19,9 hours per week with a limited contract of 3 years
(prolongation possible). Salary: Pay grade 13 TV-L.

We are looking for excellent candidates to work on a linguistic PhD research
project in syntactic-theory or the syntax-semantic interface. The research
project will be determined during the first year, together with the
supervisor
(Prof. Hedde Zeijlstra). The successful candidate is expected to actively
participate in the teaching program in English syntax (teaching load is 2
hours per week).

Application requirements are a university Master's / Magister degree with a
grade above average in a linguistic subject and very good knowledge of
English.

The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places
particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified
women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented
in this field. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favoured.

Candidates send their letter of application before July 9, 2013 together with
a CV and a one page summary of their research interests, a copy of their MA /
Magister thesis or an equivalent paper and a list of 2 references. Students
who have not finished their degree as of yet, should provide an indication
when they expect to do so.

Please send your application, preferably in electronic form by 08.07.2013 to
Prof. Hedde Zeijlstra, Georg August Universität Göttingen, Seminar für
Englische Philologie, Käte Hamburger-Weg 3, D - 37073 Göttingen, e-mail:
hzeijls at uni goettingen.de .

If you have any questions, please contact Hedde Zeijlstra (phone: +49 551
39-7566, e-mail: hzeijls at uni goettingen.de ).

We request that you send us copies of your application documents. We will
destroy the documents after a holding period of five months. Application
documents will only be returned to you if you provide a self-addressed
adequately stamped envelope.

Application Deadline: 08-Jul-2013

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Professor Hedde Zeijlstra