24.2473, Jobs: English; Comp Ling; Text/Corpus Ling; NLP: Research Scientist, IBM Research

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Jun 18 13:17:56 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2473. Tue Jun 18 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2473, Jobs: English; Comp Ling; Text/Corpus Ling; NLP: Research Scientist, IBM Research

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:17:13
From: Bogdan Sacaleanu [bogdan.sacaleanu at ie.ibm.com]
Subject: English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Research Scientist, IBM Research, Dublin, Ireland

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2473.html&submissionid=15596257&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: IBM Research, Ireland
Job Location: Dublin, Ireland
Job Rank: Research Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

IBM Dublin Research Laboratory, Ireland is accepting applications for
full-time researchers in the area of natural language processing

The ideal candidate will have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or in
computer science with a specialization in Natural Language Processing (NLP).
Prior experience in the area of text analytics with information extraction,
information retrieval and machine learning are highly desirable, and
experience with corpus linguistics or natural language understanding are a
plus. Strong programming skills (Java or C++) are required.

The successful research candidate must have demonstrated ability to define
research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results
through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents. As a
researcher you will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new
solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these
solutions have a significant impact.

The Smarter Cities Technology Centre is part of IBM Research and was created
to take on the challenges of our increasingly urbanized world.We are an R&D
organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and
small/large businesses to advance science & technology for smarter urban and
environmental systems. We aim to expand our highly skilled and
cross-disciplinary team to as many as 200 researchers and software engineers.
Areas we currently focus on include: data mining and machine learning; data
privacy; statistical modeling & organization, control and decision systems,
social, semantic web; distributed information systems; knowledge & data
engineering, geospatial analysis and organization, simulation, real-time
computing, and urban and environmental systems, e.g., water, energy,
transportation.

We Offer:
-  A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research
organization
-  Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial
research into real-world problems
-  Excellent ties to academic and industrial research labs worldwide
-  Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
-  The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects

Required:
-  Doctorate Degree
-  At least 5 years experience in the areas of information extraction and
machine learning
-  At least 1 year experience in publication in top-tier research conferences
and journals
-  At least 3 years experience in programming in Java and C++
-  At least 1 year experience in open source NLP tools (i.e., Stanford NLP,
OpenNLP)
-  English: Fluent

Preferred:
-  At least 1 year experience in one of the following domains: question
answering, textual entailment, machine reading
-  At least 1 year experience in software engineering

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs3.netmedia1.com/cp/faces/job_summary?job_id=RES-0577536
Contact Information:
	Dr. Bogdan Sacaleanu
	Email: bogdan.sacaleanu at ie.ibm.com