24.2507, Qs: Classics in Educational Linguistics

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jun 20 14:32:37 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2507. Thu Jun 20 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2507, Qs: Classics in Educational Linguistics

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:32:32
From: Mark Brenchley [schlemihl at gmail.com]
Subject: Classics in Educational Linguistics

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2507.html&submissionid=16006197&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I recently began a reading group focused on the general area of language and
education, aimed at postgraduate students. In advance of the next year's
sessions, I wanted to cast around so that I could draw on a wider pool of
papers.

To that end, I was hoping some of you would be good enough to recommend some
'classic' papers in Educational Linguistics (or, more generally, dealing with
the intersection between language and education). You can read 'classic'
however you like (important, seminal, cutting edge, personal favourites).
Essentially, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I can be emailed at schlemihl at gmail.com

With best wishes, and thanks in advance,

Mark

Linguistic Field(s): Discipline of Linguistics