24.1124, Jobs: Comp Ling: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit), Nuance Communications

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 5 18:14:21 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1124. Tue Mar 05 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1124, Jobs: Comp Ling: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit), Nuance Communications

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:14:12
From:  EMEA Jobs [emeajobs at nuance.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit), Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany or Burlington, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1124.html&submissionid=9032942&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Nuance Communications
Job Location: Aachen, Germany
Job Rank: Senior Research Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Company Profile:
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most
human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of
information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest
functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability
for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver
technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of
knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently
with the world.

Job Reference:  8112
Job Title: Senior Research Engineer (Acoustic Modeling Toolkit)
Role Type: Permanent
Role Location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen /  USA –
Burlington

Role Responsibilities:
-  Develop, evolve, & maintain existing Acoustic Modeling Research Toolkit.
-  Improve on both design and Robustness while supporting users.
-  Work with Research teams to extend the ToolKit to cover new products.
-  Work with Research teams to implement new testing
frameworks/recipes/algorithms into the Toolkit.
-  Improve the speed and robustness of the Toolkit in general.
-  Improve the performance of the Toolkit under the Grid computation
environment.
-  Conduct unit tests and performance tests to the Toolkit.
-  Fix bugs and support users.
-  Develop & Maintain Toolkit Documentation

Required Skills:
-  3-5 years experience (or PhD and 1-2 years)
-  Solid Computer Skills working in LINUX / UNIX Environments
-  Solid experience with Python & Shell Scripting Languages
-  Minimum of 2 years experience with Python specifically
-  Strong Verbal & Written Communication Skills

Preferred Skills:
-  Speech Recognition Knowledge, especially Search Engine Speech is a big plus
-  Grid Computation and SGE Batch Quenuing System Knowledge or Experience

Educational Requirements:
-  Master's Degree or Phd in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or
equivalent.

Application Deadline: 06-May-2013

Email Address for Applications: emeajobs at nuance.com
Contact Information