24.1193, Confs: General Linguistics/UK

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 11 16:33:42 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1193. Mon Mar 11 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1193, Confs: General Linguistics/UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Xiyan Wang <xiyan at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:31:37
From: Jane Walsh [languagesciences1 at gmail.com]
Subject: Language Sciences in the 21st Century: The Interdisciplinary Challenge

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1193.html&submissionid=9366661&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Language Sciences in the 21st Century: The Interdisciplinary Challenge

Date: 03-Oct-2013 - 04-Oct-2013
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contact: Jane Walsh
Contact Email: languagesciences1 at gmail.com
Meeting URL: http://languagesciences2013.webs.com/

This conference aims to open a dialogue between language scientists of all disciplines by inviting work from very different domains (including neuroscience, biology, anthropology, computer science, engineering, philosophy, psychology, education, languages and linguistics) in order to explore key issues and to share our research in a fruitful and productive way. We hope that the conference will allow researchers not just a glimpse into the research agendas of others, but also a better understanding of the potential for future collaboration.

The four thematic strands will be:

Philosophy of language meets computational linguistics
Diversity and universals
Beyond our primate inheritance: Neurobiological and evolutionary approaches to language
Interdisciplinary perspectives on multilingualism

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/