24.1303, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Calgary

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 15 21:41:15 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1303. Fri Mar 15 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1303, Jobs: Language Acquisition; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Calgary

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Uliana Kazagasheva <uliana at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 17:40:52
From: Florentine Strzelczyk [strzelcz at ucalgary.ca]
Subject: Language Acquisition; Syntax: Assistant Professor, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1303.html&submissionid=9634098&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Calgary
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Web Address: http://www.ucalgary.ca/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Syntax

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Calgary is seeking to fill
up to two 13-month Limited Term Assistant Professor positions beginning on
July 1, 2013.  Applicants should have a specialization in language
acquisition, or a specialization in syntax, and an ability to teach senior
level courses in their area(s) of research.

Teaching duties will consist of two courses per semester for two semesters,
and may include the following courses: introduction to linguistics, language
acquisition, syntactic analysis, and other option courses.  There will also be
a service load and opportunities to work with graduate students who are
writing MA theses and Ph.D. candidacy papers and dissertations.  The
University of Calgary is a research-intensive institution, and the successful
candidate for each position will have the opportunity to continue their
research program while meeting the responsibilities of the position.

Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in Linguistics.  Preference will be given to
candidates with demonstrated experience and expertise in teaching, and a
record of research publications.

Application Details:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of
research interests, sample publications, course syllabi, and teaching
evaluations, if available.  Materials should be submitted electronically in
PDF format to the email address below.  Applicants should also arrange to have
three letters of recommendation sent directly to the email address below.  At
least one of the three letters must directly address the applicant's teaching
ability.

A review of applications will begin immediately. The positions will remain
open until filled.

Application documents should be e-mailed to the application email address
below.

If you have any questions about the positions, please contact Dr. Florentine
Strzelczyk at the contact email address below.  Questions about the
application process can be directed to Department Administrator, Francey
Pisicoli at fapisico at ucalgary.ca.

For more information on the Department of Linguistics and the University of
Calgary, please visit our website: www.ling.ucalgary.ca.

The University of Calgary is a leading Canadian university located in the
nation's most enterprising city. The university has a clear strategic
direction to become one of Canada's top five research universities by 2016,
where innovative teaching and groundbreaking research go hand in hand, and
where we fully engage the communities we both serve and lead. The strategy is
called Eyes High, inspired by our Gaelic motto, which translates to 'I will
lift up my eyes'.

To succeed as one of Canada's top universities, where new ideas are created,
tested and applied through first-class teaching and research, the University
of Calgary needs more of the best minds in our classrooms and labs. We're
increasing our scholarly capacity by investing in people who want to change
the world, bringing the best and brightest to Calgary to form a global
intellectual hub and achieve advances that matter to everyone.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Calgary
respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity.

Email Address for Applications: lingdept at ucalgary.ca
Contact Information:
	Florentine Strzelczyk
	Email: strzelcz at ucalgary.ca