24.1382, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 22 15:24:06 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1382. Fri Mar 22 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1382, Calls: General Linguistics/Germany

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 11:23:30
From: Stefanie Eckmann [stuts53 at gmail.com]
Subject: 53. Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1382.html&submissionid=9901979&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 53. Studentische Tagung Sprachwissenschaft
Short Title: 53. StuTS

Date: 08-May-2013 - 12-May-2013
Location: Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Contact Person: Stefanie Eckmann
Meeting Email: info at 53.stuts.de
Web Site: http://www.53.stuts.de

Call Deadline: 14-Apr-2013

Meeting Description:

We would like to invite all students of linguistics and the philologies with a linguistic emphasis to attend the 53th Students Conference in Linguistics (StuTS).

It will take place from the 8th to 12th of May 2013 at Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich.

The purpose of the StuTS is to bring together students of all linguistic subjects and to offer them the opportunity to get to know one another and exchange experiences.

You can also give a short talk or offer a language tutorial or simply listen and learn about the research projects of you fellow students.

Additionally there will be keynote speeches by Professors of the LMU (Keynote Speakers):

Olav Hackstein (Indo-European Studies)
Wolfgang Schulze (General and Typological Linguistics)
Anthony Rowley (German Studies, Dialectology)
Hans-Jörg Schmid (Modern English Studies)

Intermittently individual degree courses will introduce themselves, their premises or their lecturers, so that you can gain insight into the world of linguistics at the LMU.

And finally we will of course be offering a framework programme: Whether it’s sightseeing and culture in Munich, typical Bavarian food or partying with the locals you’re interested in - you won’t be lacking in anything!

For further information and registration please have a look at our homepage.

Call for Papers:

We’d like to invite linguistics students to give a presentation in German or English on a topic which you know a lot about or are currently working on. Our aim is to bring together students from as many different linguistic disciplines as possible. Therefore we welcome topics from all areas of linguistics.

Talks should last between 20 and 25 minutes, after which there will be 15 to 10 minutes’ time for discussion.

Alternatively it will be possible to give a language tutorial: If you happen to know a lot about a particular (exotic) language, you can present it to the other participants in 20 to 40 minutes (discussion included).

Formats:

Type of presentation (short talk or language tutorial)
Title
Summary in 300 words max. (title and references excluded)
Times New Roman 12pt.; line spacing 1.5; margin 2.5 cm; full justification

Whoever is interested can publish their talk, written out, in our conference proceedings which will be published in electronic form.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/