24.1882, Qs: Native English Speakers Needed for Perception Survey on Accents in Game of Thrones

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 1 13:53:42 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1882. Wed May 01 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1882, Qs: Native English Speakers Needed for Perception Survey on Accents in Game of Thrones

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 09:53:27
From: Tessa van Ingen [tessa.van.ingen at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1882.html&submissionid=11450476&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List members,

My name is Tessa van Ingen and I am a third-year English student at the
Radboud University in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. I am writing my bachelor
thesis about accents in Game of Thrones, and I am still looking for some
native speakers of English to help me by filling out an online survey with
some audio fragments. My supervisor is dr. Nynke de Haas, and she suggested I
use LINGUIST List for this.

The survey will probably take 10 to 15 minutes, and I would be very grateful
if some of you fill it out. You do not need to be familiar with Game of
Thrones to fill out this survey (I would actually prefer it if you are not).

This is the link to my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GDQ8PBJ

In the question that asks how you found this survey, please choose the ''I
found this survey on the linguistics forum''-option (LINGUIST List has
replaced this forum, but I can no longer edit the question).

Kind regards,

Tessa van Ingen

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)