24.1951, Summer Schools: Writing in the Foreign Language Classroom/ East Lansing, MI USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 7 14:46:26 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-1951. Tue May 07 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.1951, Summer Schools: Writing in the Foreign Language Classroom/ East Lansing, MI USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel <caylen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 10:45:48
From: Joy Campbell [clear at msu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-1951.html&submissionid=11788816&topicid=16&msgnumber=1
 Writing in the Foreign Language Classroom/ East Lansing, MI USA

Host Institution: Michigan State University
Website: http://clear.msu.edu/clear/professionaldev/summerworkshops.php

Dates: 22-Jul-2013 - 24-Jul-2013
Location: East Lansing, Michigan, USA

Focus: Every summer since 1997, CLEAR has offered professional development
workshops. Teachers of all levels from all over the country (and internationally)
have come to MSU's campus for these practical, informative and timely courses.
The range of workshop topics includes both skills-based workshops and sessions
on how to incorporate technology into the language classroom.
Minimum Education Level: BA

This workshop will look at writing from two perspectives: writing to learn and
learning to write. First, we will examine activities that facilitate the
learning of grammar and vocabulary as well as activities that enhance
speaking, listening, and reading. Second, we will examine activities that help
students learn to write various genres, from simple to complex, in the target
language. Participants will evaluate activities that can be modified for a
wide range of levels.

                      Ling & Literature

Tuition: 150.00 USD

Registration: 01-Jan-2013 to 03-Jun-2013

Contact Person: Joy Campbell
                Email: clear at msu.edu

Apply on the web: http://clear.msu.edu/clear/professionaldev/summerworkshops.php

Registration Instructions:
Applicants must complete the online registration process, which requires basic
contact information as well as a brief CV and statement of purpose.