24.2041, Summer Schools: Lisbon Summer School on Evolution: Focus on Sociocultural and Linguistic Evolution

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue May 14 14:49:58 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2041. Tue May 14 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2041, Summer Schools: Lisbon Summer School on Evolution: Focus on Sociocultural and Linguistic Evolution

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Caylen Cole-Hazel <caylen at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:49:43
From: Nathalie Gontier [lisbonappeel at fc.ul.pt]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2041.html&submissionid=11788797&topicid=16&msgnumber=1
 Lisbon Summer School on Evolution: Focus on Sociocultural and Linguistic Evolution

Host Institution: Applied Evolutionary Epistemology Lab
Website: http://evolutionschool.fc.ul.pt/summer

Dates: 15-Jul-2013 - 19-Jul-2013
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Focus: The Summer School courses are centered around the following themes:
- Evolutionary theory
- Socio-cultural evolution
- Philosophy of biology.
Minimum Education Level: MA

The International Summer School on Evolution aims to better prepare a future
generation for inter- and transdisciplinary evolution research by providing
courses on cutting edge research in biological and socio-cultural evolutionary
sciences for master, doctoral, and postdoctoral students. Emphasis lies on
topics that are currently underrepresented in postgraduate curricula.

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics

Tuition: 350.00 EUR

Registration: 01-Feb-2013 to 15-Jun-2013

Contact Person: Nathalie Gontier
                Email: submissionsappeel at fc.ul.pt

Apply on the web: http://evolutionschool.fc.ul.pt/summer/sub/reg/Registration.php

Registration Instructions:
The School is open to master, doctoral and postdoctoral students from all
academic fields. Bachelor (licentiate) students can enroll as well, but they
have to motivate their candidacy. We will allow a maximum of 30 students to
enroll per course. We therefore advise that you apply as soon as possible.

Registration fees are determined on a weekly basis, regardless the number of
courses you choose. Accommodation and travel costs are not included in the
registration fee.

To apply, students just need to fill in the form available at the following

Within 2 weeks after your application, you will be notified by e-mail about
your acceptance to the school. You will also receive guidelines on how to pay
the registration fee and confirm your enrollment to the school. We can accept
credit card payments, processed by PayPal.