24.2064, Calls: Anthro Ling, Lang Doc, Socioling, Historical Ling, General Ling/Iceland

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed May 15 16:24:27 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-2064. Wed May 15 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.2064, Calls: Anthro Ling, Lang Doc, Socioling, Historical Ling, General Ling/Iceland

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Alison Zaharee <alison at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:23:54
From: Joe Salmons [jsalmons at wisc.edu]
Subject: 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-2064.html&submissionid=12466758&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas

Date: 19-Sep-2013 - 21-Sep-2013
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Contact Person: Birna Arnbjörnsdóttir
Meeting Email: heritagelanguages at hi.is
Web Site: http://www.conference.hi.is/heritagelanguages/

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-May-2013

Meeting Description:

4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas

The 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas will take place at the University of Iceland on September 19-21, 2013.

Keynote Speaker is Maria Polinsky, Professor of Linguistics, Director of the Language Science Lab, Harvard University.

The workshop is organized by The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages and The Centre for Research in the Humanities at the University of Iceland.

For further information, please visit our website (under construction):

http://www.conference.hi.is/heritagelanguages/

Links to Previous Workshops:

http://www.psu.edu/dept/heritagelangs/index.htm
http://www.hf.uio.no/iln/english/about/organization/text-laboratory/news-events/events/2011/feforseminar-norskiamerika.html
http://uppermidwesterncultures.blogspot.no/2010/07/investigating-immigrant-languages-in.html

Organisers:

Birna Arnbjörnsdóttir, birnaarn at hi.is (University of Iceland)
Janne Bondi Johannessen, j.b.johannessen at iln.uio.no (University of Oslo)
Mike Putnam, syntaxpunk at gmail.com (Penn State University)
Joseph Salmons, jsalmons at wisc.edu (University of Wisconsin, Madison)

Funded by Hugvísindastofnun and SVF

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 30-minute presentations on any aspect of the linguistics of heritage languages in the Americas (e.g., structural, generative, historical, sociolinguistic, or experimental). Abstracts can be a maximum of two pages in length (including diagrams, charts, and references), and should be sent anonymously to this email address:

heritagelanguages at hi.is

The submission deadline is May 31, 2013. We will contact those accepted for presentation by June 30, 2013.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/