24.4631, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Lang Acqu; L2 Pedagogy: Asst Prof, University of Arizona

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Nov 20 14:18:29 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4631. Wed Nov 20 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4631, Jobs: English; Applied Ling; Lang Acqu; L2 Pedagogy: Asst Prof, University of Arizona

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:18:06
From: Jonathon Reinhardt [jonrein at email.arizona.edu]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; L2 Pedagogy: Assistant Professor, University of Arizona, Arizona, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4631.html&submissionid=23315150&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Arizona
Department: English Department
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: http://www.english.arizona.edu/lp/language-and-linguistics
Job Title: Assistant Professor, English (English Language/Linguistics)
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; L2 Pedagogy

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The University of Arizona English Language/Linguistics (EL/L) Program in the Department of English and the Graduate Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching (SLAT) invite applications for an assistant professor (tenure-track) specializing in socially-informed theory of second language acquisition or development, such as sociocultural theory, usage-based theories, socio-cognitive approaches, ecological approaches, or language socialization, and associated socially-informed pedagogical approaches and methods, such as collaborative learning, multi-literacies, situated learning, etc.. The ideal candidate would also be able to teach in one or two of the following ESL/EFL areas: research methods, teacher education and cognition, assessment, or materials and curriculum development.

The Assistant Professor, who will start August 2014, will become a member of our graduate faculty, teaching and advising MA students in EL/L (TESL) and PhD students in SLAT, with a yearly teaching load of 2-2 (nine-months). The Assistant Professor will also be expected to collaborate across the Department, College, and University on research, educational, and outreach initiatives, for example with the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL), the university’s Intensive English Program (IEP), and the Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language, and Literacy (CERCLL), the university’s National Foreign Language Resource Center.

We are seeking to expand our established collaboration with under-represented and under-served constituencies, and so we welcome candidates interested in working with diverse students, colleagues, and communities.

Interested candidates should apply online to job number 53891.

Web Address for Applications: https://www.uacareertrack.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1384902170306
Contact Information:
	Dr. Jonathon Reinhardt
	Email: jonrein at email.arizona.edu