24.4673, Jobs: East Asian Lang; Syntax; Text/Corpus Ling: Asst Prof, University of Calgary

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 21 20:37:48 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4673. Thu Nov 21 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4673, Jobs: East Asian Lang; Syntax; Text/Corpus Ling: Asst Prof, University of Calgary

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:37:28
From: Florentine Strzelczyk [strzelcz at ucalgary.ca]
Subject: East Asian Languages; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4673.html&submissionid=23386115&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Calgary
Department: Department of Linguistics, Languages and Cultures
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Web Address: http://www.ucalgary.ca/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics; East Asian Languages

The Department of Linguistics, Languages and Cultures (LLC) in the Faculty of Arts invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective July 1, 2014. The area of specialization is Linguistics/Syntax.

Individuals with an earned doctoral degree in Linguistics or a related field and who have potential for excellent achievement in teaching and research are invited to apply.  LLC seeks applications from syntacticians whose research addresses important theoretical issues using empirical methods such as experimentation, field work or corpus analysis. A secondary specialization is desirable; strength in East Asian languages would be an asset.

Applicants are expected to teach four half courses per academic year at the undergraduate and graduate levels, develop a high-profile, productive research program that regularly yields publications in peer-reviewed scholarly outputs and other appropriate publication locations, mentor and supervise graduate students, commit to departmental and university service and engage with the community.

Individuals interested in this position are requested to submit: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, sample research publications, statement of teaching focus and philosophy (including potential courses to be taught), previous course syllabi, teaching evaluations (if available) and three letters of recommendation (with at least one letter addressing teaching ability) to Dr. Florentine Strzelczyk at the application address or email address below.

The deadline for applications is December 20th, 2013. Applications submitted via email in .pdf format are preferred.

For questions about the position, please contact Dr. Florentine Strzelczyk at the contact email address below.

Questions about the application process can be directed to Department Administrator Francey Pisicoli at fapisico at ucalgary.ca. For more information on the Department of Linguistics, Languages and Culture and the University of Calgary, please visit the department URL above.

Additional Information about the University of Calgary:
The University of Calgary is a leading Canadian university located in the nation's most enterprising city. The university has a clear strategic direction to become one of Canada's top five research universities by 2016, where innovative teaching and groundbreaking research go hand in hand, and where we fully engage the communities we both serve and lead. The strategy is called Eyes High, inspired by our Gaelic motto, which translates to 'I will lift up my eyes.'

To succeed as one of Canada's top universities, where new ideas are created, tested and applied through first-class teaching and research, the University of Calgary needs more of the best minds in our classrooms and labs. We're increasing our scholarly capacity by investing in people who want to change the world, bringing the best and brightest to Calgary to form a global intellectual hub and achieve advances that matter to everyone.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Calgary respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity.

Application Deadline: 20-Dec-2013
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Florentine Strzelczyk
	Department of Linguistics, Languages and Cultures
	University of Calgary
	2500 University Drive NW
	Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
	Canada