24.4749, Jobs: German; Italian; Comp Ling; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; NLP: Analytical Linguistic Project Manager, Google Inc.
linguist at linguistlist.org
linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 25 18:56:44 UTC 2013
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4749. Mon Nov 25 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 24.4749, Jobs: German; Italian; Comp Ling; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; NLP: Analytical Linguistic Project Manager, Google Inc.
Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison
<reviews at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:56:29
From: Linne Ha [AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com]
Subject: German; Italian; Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing: Analytical Linguistic Project Manager, Google Inc., Zurich, Switzerland
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: Google Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Job Title: Analytic Linguistic Project Manager (German/Italian)
Job Rank: Analytical Linguistic Project Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): German (deu)
There are two full-time contract position (one for Italian, one for German) based in one of the Google offices, preferably in Zurich.
The role of the Analytic Linguistic Project Manager is to consult with Natural Language Understanding Researchers on creating guidelines and setting standards for a variety of NLP projects as well as to manage the work of a team of junior linguists to achieve high quality data output.
- Training, managing and overseeing the work of a team of junior linguists
- Creating guidelines for semantic, syntactic and morphological projects
- Evaluating and analyzing data quality
- Consulting with researchers and engineers on the development of linguistic databases
- Native-level speaker of target language and fluent in English
- Ph.D in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with experience in semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Previous project management and people management experience
- Some programming language or previous experience working in a Linux environment a plus
Project duration: 9-12 months (with potential for extension)
This is not a permanent position, but a contract position.
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with "Analytical Linguistic Project Manager [Italian or German]" in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
Email: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4749
More information about the Linguist