24.4753, Jobs: French; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; NLP: Junior Linguist, Google Inc.
linguist at linguistlist.org
linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 26 14:36:22 UTC 2013
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4753. Tue Nov 26 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.
Subject: 24.4753, Jobs: French; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; NLP: Junior Linguist, Google Inc.
Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison
<reviews at linguistlist.org>
Do you want to donate to LINGUIST without spending an extra penny? Bookmark
the Amazon link for your country below; then use it whenever you buy from
For more information on the LINGUIST Amazon store please visit our
FAQ at http://linguistlist.org/amazon-faq.cfm.
Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:36:10
From: Linne Ha [AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com]
Subject: French; Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing: Junior Linguist, Google Inc., Paris Area, France
E-mail this message to a friend:
University or Organization: Google Inc.
Department: Natural Language Understanding
Job Location: Paris Area, France
Job Title: Junior Linguist [French] (Multiple positions)
Job Rank: Junior Linguist
Specialty Areas: Lexicography; Morphology; Semantics; Syntax; Natural Language Processing
Required Language(s): French (fra)
This is a full-time contract position. Work will be done from home, but Junior Linguists should be able to come to Google Paris Office for training and meetings.
As a Junior Linguist, you will be reviewing and annotating linguistic data and carrying out a number of tasks to improve Google’s natural language processing.
- Reviewing and annotating linguistic data
- Labeling text for semantic, syntactic and morphological characteristics
- Providing transcriptions for lexicon entries according to guidelines
- Deriving NLP data for new and on-going projects
- Native-level speaker of French and fluent in English
- Degree in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics with knowledge of semantics, syntax, morphology or lexicography
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts; should have an interest in natural language processing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- keen interest in technology and computer-literate (should feel comfortable using in-house tools and should have an interest in linguistics and linguistic resources)
- attention to detail and good organizational skills
Project Duration: 9 months (with potential for extension)
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter in English (PDF format preferred) with “Junior Linguists” [French] in the subject line.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
Email: AdvancedLinguistics at gmail.com
LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4753
More information about the Linguist