24.4760, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Tue Nov 26 18:08:16 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4760. Tue Nov 26 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4760, Calls: Spanish, Portuguese, General Linguistics/USA

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:08:02
From: Melissa Whatley [melwhatl at indiana.edu]
Subject: Workshop on Language Structure in Context

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4760.html&submissionid=23670114&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Workshop on Language Structure in Context
Short Title: Diálogos 11

Date: 22-Feb-2014 - 22-Feb-2014
Location: Bloomington, IN, USA
Contact Person: Melissa Whatley
Meeting Email: gsac at indiana.edu

Subject Language(s): Portuguese (por)
                     Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2013

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that our 11th annual graduate student conference, Diálogos 11, will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2014.

Gareth Williams, Professor of Hispanic Literature at the University of Michigan will be this year's Keynote Speaker. Additionally, presentations from linguistics will have the opportunity to be included in the concurrent Workshop on Language Structure in Context. We are pleased to welcome Dr. Chad Howe, Associate Professor of Hispanic Linguistics at the University of Georgia as a guest speaker in Linguistics.

2nd Call for Papers:

The deadline to submit abstracts the 11th Annual Graduate Student Research Conference of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Indiana University, Diálogos 11, is December 1, 2013.

We are seeking original research in both Spanish and Portuguese linguistics and literature to be presented at one of the Midwest's premier graduate student research conferences.

Please submit a 250-word abstract with a presentation or group panel title by December 1 via email to: gsac at indiana.edu. The abstract should consist of only the title of the paper or panel followed by the text of the abstract with no personal information. On a separate attachment please include the following: name, email, institution address, telephone number (office or home), and title of your presentation.

Submissions of panels of three or four presenters organized around a common theme are encouraged. Individual presentation time should not exceed twenty minutes. Please notify us if you require audiovisual equipment such as laptops, projectors, or speakers.

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/