24.4834, Calls: Linguistic Theories, Cognitive Science, Language Acq, Syntax/Germany

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 29 23:01:45 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4834. Fri Nov 29 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4834, Calls: Linguistic Theories, Cognitive Science, Language Acq, Syntax/Germany

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Reviews:
Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:01:30
From: Peter Uhrig [kongress-dgkl at fau.de]
Subject: German Cognitive Linguistics Association 6

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4834.html&submissionid=23741391&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: German Cognitive Linguistics Association 6
Short Title: DGKL/GCLA 6

Date: 30-Sep-2014 - 02-Oct-2014
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Contact Person: Peter Uhrig
Meeting Email: kongress-dgkl at fau.de
Web Site: http://dgkl.fau.de

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Linguistic Theories; Syntax

Call Deadline: 28-Feb-2014

Meeting Description:

The 6th International Conference of the German Cognitive Linguistics Association (DGKL 6) will be held from September 30 to October 2, 2014 at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg. The focus of the conference will be on 'Constructions & Cognition'.

Confirmed Keynote Speakers:

Ewa Dabrowska (Northumbria University)
Adele E. Goldberg (Princeton)
Ronald W. Langacker (UC San Diego)
Friedemann Pulvermüller (FU Berlin)
Hans-Jörg Schmid (LMU Munich)

Call for Papers:

We are looking forward to your abstracts for papers dealing with Constructions & Cognition or other topics in the area of cognitive usage-based linguistics. We welcome contributions dealing with different aspects of cognitive linguistics as well as contributions taking a cognitive perspective on language on the basis of methods employed in psychology, psycholinguistics, corpus linguistics, historical linguistics and artificial intelligence or explorations of the links between these disciplines and cognitive linguistics.

We also invite submissions for theme sessions (deadline: 15 Feb 2014!). For details, please consult the conference website.