24.3875, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Spain

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 2 16:57:14 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3875. Wed Oct 02 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3875, Calls: Applied Linguistics, Language Acquisition/Spain

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Bryn Hauk <bryn at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 12:56:54
From: Angel Raluy [angel.raluy at uvic.cat]
Subject: Higher Education Perspectives on Content and Language Integrated Learning

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3875.html&submissionid=20777029&topicid=3&msgnumber=1

Full Title: Higher Education Perspectives on Content and Language Integrated Learning
Short Title: HEPCLIL-2014

Date: 27-Mar-2014 - 28-Mar-2014
Location: Vic, Barcelona, Spain
Contact Person: Àngels Pinyana
Meeting Email: clil at uvic.cat
Web Site: http://mon.uvic.cat/hepclil/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 01-Dec-2013

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the first international HEPCLIL (Higher Education Perspectives on Content and Language Integrated Learning) conference to be held at the University of Vic, 27 - 28 March 2014.

Universities are offering more and more courses and programmes in an additional language. At HEPCLIL, therefore, we would like to debate the methodological implications of these changes, giving voice to practical classroom experiences and initiatives. We would also like to act as a platform for cutting-edge research on CLIL in higher education. What impact does teaching in an additional language have on content or language learning? What are the effects on teachers and students in higher education?

With these aims and questions in mind we have invited the following keynote speakers to HEPCLIL:

David Marsh (University of Jyväskylä)
Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Rosie Tanner (Educational consultant)

Conference Themes:

- Syllabus design and lesson planning
- Content learning
- Language learning
- Assessment
- Theoretical frameworks

Languages: Catalan, Spanish, English

Registration fee: €120

Call for Papers:

Types of Presentation:

a. Individual papers: 20 minutes, followed by 10 minutes discussion time.
b. Posters: Guidelines will be made available on acceptance of submissions.

Proposals for both papers and posters should not exceed 300 words and should include the specific conference theme. They should be submitted to clil at uvic.cat by 1 December 2013.

Successful applicants will be informed after 17 January 2014 and guidelines will be provided for those wishing to publish a version of their paper in the conference proceedings on CD-ROM.
Languages: Catalan, Spanish, English

Scientific Committee:

Marcos Canovas (University of Vic)
Llorenç Comajoan(University of Vic)
Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
Lucrècia Keim (University of Vic)
Elisabet Pladevall (University of Vic)
Ann Raisanen (University of Jyväskylä)
Bob Wilkinson (Maastricht University)

Organising Committee:

Sarah Khan (University of Vic)
Núria Medina (University of Vic)
Àngels Pinyana (University of Vic)
Antoni Portell (CIFE- University of Vic)
Àngel Raluy (University of Vic)
Richard Samson (University of Vic)
Anna Vallbona (University of Vic)
Montse Vancells (University of Vic)

Collaborators:

Grup de Recerca en Aprenentatge i Comunicació - GRAC (University of Vic)
Grup de Recerca en Llengua i Literatura - GRELL (University of Vic)
Centre for Innovation and Training in Education - CIFE (University of Vic)

More information: http://mon.uvic.cat/hepclil/

Key Dates:

Deadline for abstracts: 1 December 2013
Notification of acceptance: 17 January 2014
Registration opens: 1  February 2014
Registration closes: 21 March 2014
Conference: 27-28 March 2014