24.3927, Jobs: General Ling; Psycholing; Socioling: Asst Prof, Eastern Michigan University

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 7 15:53:57 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-3927. Mon Oct 07 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.3927, Jobs: General Ling; Psycholing; Socioling: Asst Prof, Eastern Michigan University

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:53:38
From: T. Daniel Seely [tseely at emich.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics: Assistant Professor, Eastern Michigan University, Michigan, USA

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-3927.html&submissionid=20917107&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Eastern Michigan University
Department: Department of English Language and Literature
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://www.emich.edu/english/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics

Eastern Michigan University has an opening for an Assistant Professor with primary research and teaching in sociolinguistics, preferably with experience with large study/experimental design and implementation and familiarity with the use of large data bases and current technologies.  The ideal candidate (i) will have a close connection with a core area of linguistics (phonetics, phonology, syntax, morphology, semantics) and have an understanding of and appreciation for theoretical linguistics/cognitive science; (ii) has an interest in The LINGUIST List and our Institute for Language Information and Technology; (iii) and will have some expertise in psycholinguistics and/or experimental methods.  The Eastern Michigan University linguistics program has a small faculty committed to offering a general linguistics curriculum at the B.A. and M.A. levels.  We are seeking someone with teaching flexibility as well as teaching and research strength, so we will consider outstanding candidates with sub-specialties other than those listed above.  All candidates must have the Ph.D. in hand by the time of the appointment, teaching experience, and evidence of strong research potential.

All applications must be made online at the application URL below. Application materials should include a letter of application, resume, and a sample of your recent (please use a .pdf file of a recent publication or of a thesis chapter).  Three letters of reference should be mailed directly to T. Daniel Seely, Search Chair at the application address below.

Screening of applications will begin November 1, 2013 and continue until the position is filled.  We will be interviewing applicants at the LSA convention.

We strongly encourage women and members of minority groups to consider this opportunity.  EMU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Chair T. Daniel Seely
	Posting #FA1410E
	204 King Hall