24.4055, Jobs: Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Interactive Intelligence

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Oct 16 15:12:58 UTC 2013

LINGUIST List: Vol-24-4055. Wed Oct 16 2013. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 24.4055, Jobs: Comp Ling: Computational Linguist, Interactive Intelligence

Moderator: Damir Cavar, Eastern Michigan U <damir at linguistlist.org>

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin Madison
Mateja Schuck, U of Wisconsin Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin Madison

Amazon!

Editor for this issue: Sarah Fox <sarah at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:12:37
From: LeAnn Melichar [leann.melichar at inin.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist, Interactive Intelligence, Hyderabad, India

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=24-4055.html&submissionid=21548349&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Interactive Intelligence
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

The Media Group is responsible for the development of our cutting-edge internet telephony (VoIP) and media processing components.  We are working on some exciting new product features related to speech recognition, speech synthesis, and speech analytics.

If you are self-motivated, driven, and have a perfectionist streak, we have an exciting opportunity for you.  We are looking for an individual with the skills to do phonological analysis on a language and integrate it into speech recognition, speech synthesis, and natural language processing engines. The ability to create and fine-tune pronunciation dictionaries for transcribing large datasets is highly desirable.

Qualifications we look for:
-  Strong background in phonology and computational linguistics
-  Proficient in phonology and linguistics of multiple languages
-  Experienced in development of language resources for speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies in several languages including English
-  Strong understanding of fundamentals in acoustic phonetics – proven ability to learn the nuances of languages that you do not speak
-  Proficient in the International Phonetic Alphabet for transcription of dictionaries
-  In depth understanding of morphology and syntax of English and at least one other language
-  Proven experience in understanding of processes and heuristics involved in automating linguistic tasks such as stress prediction, prosody prediction and syllabification
-  Masters or Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Phonology, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or related field

Qualifications that would be a plus:
-  Experience with designing and executing large-scale data collection efforts for multiple languages
-  2+ years of experience with speech recognition, text-to-speech, or natural language processing
-  2+ years of experience with data mining, pattern recognition, and machine learning techniques

This can also be filled in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Application Deadline: 16-Dec-2013

Web Address for Applications: http://www.inin.com/Careers/Pages/default.aspx
Contact Information:
	LeAnn Melichar